Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW FRONT BUMPER TOP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
struckn
I got my new Bumper top from Mark and thought I'd show the results. First, the Rubber Top that Mark makes is excellent and it fit perfectly.

Here's the before shot of the old one to be replaced.

IPB Image

Here's the New Top after installing.

IPB Image

Took me about an hour to remove the bumper from the car, which is a '74, remove the original Top, then Install the new top and reinstal the Bumper. After it was back on the car I had a gap between the front edge of the Hood and the back of the bumper top. After searching other posts I found the answer to fixing this was to cut away the front lip of the trunk forward bulkhead that the hood gasket lays in. I could see that this was the cause of the gap.

So off came the bumper. I used plyers to bend the metal lip down and then simply snipped it off with a good pair of Stanely sheetmetal cutters. Then filed it flush to the front bulkhead and painted it with a primer sealer.

IPB Image

Then put the bumper back on and the gasket fit perfictly back in the channel against the new Bumper top. This moved the bumper inward and the gap was now gone.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I finished by realigning the Headlight covers by simply loosening the three allen screws on the inboard side of the headlight assembly and moving the assembly up and forward to align with the hood.

bye1.gif
Black914_4
Nice! biggrin.gif

Made a big diff. Looks much cleaner now.

I'm waiting for Mike to finish the fiberglass ones and am going to try them.

Thanks for the tip on getting them fit good. I'll need that in a couple months.
EdwardBlume
beer.gif Looks awesome!
struckn
I would have liked to make a minor adjustment to the Eye Brows in front of the headlight covers, but the rubber grummits are fixed in place. Does not appear to be adjustable and I don't want to mess up the grommits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.