Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New Nurburgring Location?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Talk of recreating the Nordschleife in the desert outside Las Vegas! Would certainly be easier than a trip to Germany if it would come about, but where do they get the greenery?
EdwardBlume
I hope you're right... and its not some Radiator Springs thing...
GeorgeRud
Or is it an April Fools Day joke? With Vegas, anything may be possible.
biosurfer1
Not an April's fool joke as this was reported weeks ago. The guy funding it says he would pay for development if the land is donated by the state...I'd say its a long shot to be made.
carr914
Not an April Fools Joke, but probably a PipeDream

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=Nurburgring
Elliot Cannon
They may be able to construct the track. They might even be able to make it look just like the one in Germany. The only problem I can see is they would NEVER be able to let people use it the way they do in Germany. I can see a situation like "Rent-a-Racer" but letting people drive their own cars on the track? Without a helmet, training or racing experience? It would be fantastic but I don't think it would work here. sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 2 2012, 11:05 AM) *
I don't think it would work here.

agree.gif

It's already scary enough driving down the freeway. I can't imagine the carnage if you would let them lose on a racetrack ...
blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 2 2012, 11:27 AM) *

agree.gif

It's already scary enough driving down the freeway. I can't imagine the carnage if you would let them lose on a racetrack ...
blink.gif

Might be fun to watch though. av-943.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 2 2012, 07:20 AM) *

Talk of recreating the Nordschleife in the desert outside Las Vegas! Would certainly be easier than a trip to Germany if it would come about, but where do they get the greenery?

Green spray paint, like they use on the lawns of foreclosed homes where the banks are too much CSOBs to water & mow! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 2 2012, 11:27 AM) *

agree.gif

blink.gif

agree.gif
If we can't regulate it, kill it. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.