Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Rear Shock Mounting HDW for Koni
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
seventythree
I just removed the KYB rear shocks on my 914 and realized that the threaded mounting hardware shown in the photo have a different pitch (1.5mm) than the threads on the Koni (1.25mm). confused24.gif
I am looking for these parts, with the correct thread size for Koni. I can easily source the nut locally, but I need the valve shaped retainer for sure.
Click to view attachment
B2524
you can buy them from Koni north america, they cost 24 each, ask me how i know....

good luck.
kd
seventythree
QUOTE(B2524 @ Apr 2 2012, 08:23 PM) *

you can buy them from Koni north america, they cost 24 each, ask me how i know....

good luck.
kd

Great, I finally got a response.
Ouch, $24 is pretty steep but it is what it is.
Sounds like you bought these parts recently. Can you provide P/Ns please?
B2524
Just talk to the guys in the service department they will know what you need.
dlee1967
I have the setup. Sent a PM to you. David Lee
seventythree
It's been confirmed by tech support at Koni that the thread size on the Koni Sport is 12X1.25mm. So, that mystery is solved!

Problem is, they don't have any here in the US, and are not giving me a straight answer on when I might be able to get some thru them.

So, I'm back to sourcing these on the used market. smile.gif

A couple of points to consider:
1) When I questioned Paragon on this, they thought that Koni thread size should be no different than KYB!
2) Someone on this board was helpful enought to send me hardware that supposedly came off of his Koni, which turned out to be the 1.5mm pitch (same as my own).

So, I'm now wondering if all Konis have the same thread. May be the difference is in adjustable vs. non-adjustable. I don't know. confused24.gif

In summary, I'm in need of a pair of threaded bushings as shown in the pic above with the 1.25mm thread pitch. Please let me know what you have.

TIA
mepstein
I have a pair of worn out koni's that I'll be taking off my car once I meet up with Eric Shea at Hershey. If you still need the parts in 2 weeks, send me a PM and I will check sizes and send you the parts. Mark
seventythree
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 17 2012, 07:43 AM) *

I have a pair of worn out koni's that I'll be taking off my car once I meet up with Eric Shea at Hershey. If you still need the parts in 2 weeks, send me a PM and I will check sizes and send you the parts. Mark

Great! With no other avenue for getting these bushings right now, I'll hang my hopes on getting yours in a couple of weeks. Thanks beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.