Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So... I ordered some new Porsche Letters for the engine lid...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Haudiosolutions
The letters... The only way I could configure them closely says "RORSCHE" I know it's NARP but I really don't want it to be spelled out on the engine lid! I assume the vendor will correct this promptly.. beer3.gif
messix
'prolly get told to return it to a porsche dealer....... popcorn[1].gif
1973-914-2L
who did that come from ???
underthetire

I'm guessing it starts with an A
And ends with an A.
Haudiosolutions
Withholding the vendor's name for now. Mistakes happen. I'll give them a short period of time to correct it quickly just as I would should such a lame oversight happen to a customer of my business. Like I said, mistakes happen. quick corrections are very important though.
ThePaintedMan
lol-2.gif Leave it. Most people misspell it anyway. smile.gif
Haudiosolutions
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 2 2012, 09:23 PM) *

lol-2.gif Leave it. Most people misspell it anyway. smile.gif

Thought about it but the wife said "no"... Thought it would be funny for a little while anyway. Too bad it didn't come with an extra "a" also... ROARSCHE hehe
Strudelwagon
This story sounds familiar, I ordered some factory heater hoses (foot well).2 of them,same part numbers but I got 1 factory hose and one generic hose about twice the length. WTF.gif
First and last thing will order from that vendor.
Mark Henry
Wrut-wrow...raybe it's a scobby doo Raggy.

RORSCHE......RORSCHE....RORSCHE, RORSCHE, RORSCHE

Ree-hee, hee hee

smile.gif
SUNAB914
Collectors edition!
ArtechnikA
You're just missing the diagonal cutters to remove that extra bit that makes a 'P' an 'R' ... It's probably being shipped separately ...
majkos
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 3 2012, 05:43 AM) *

You're just missing the diagonal cutters to remove that extra bit that makes a 'P' an 'R' ... It's probably being shipped separately ...

the shipping you will be billed for later
914itis
If you are lucky like me , it will cost you about ... $70 for quick response .
DBCooper
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Apr 2 2012, 06:13 PM) *

Withholding the vendor's name for now. Mistakes happen. I'll give them a short period of time to correct it quickly just as I would should such a lame oversight happen to a customer of my business. Like I said, mistakes happen. quick corrections are very important though.

Yup, mistakes happen even to the best of us, that's why I think the most important measure of any vendor is how well he corrects his mistakes. That's when you find out if he really wants to provide good service or doesn't really care.
76-914
Like the old saying goes, "People don't remember the problem; just how it was handled."
Tom_T
QUOTE(1973-914-2L @ Apr 2 2012, 06:03 PM) *

who did that come from ???

Sounds like Scooby Doo filled his order! lol-2.gif
brp986s
The fun part comes later when you try to install them and get them properly spaced and in a line. hissyfit.gif
Haudiosolutions
Sounds like it's being handled very quickly! According to the emails, it was sent out yesterday. I'm very happy with the response. Getting the letters back on shouldn't be too big of a problem. The gold porsche letters are still in place so I'll swap them out one by one. but I could see there being some trial and error if I were looking at a blank grill.
naro914
Can I make a suggestion?
Since everyone is always quick to crucify a vendor for making a wrong step (and I applaud you for not saying the vendors name until a resolution is agreed to), once you get the new letter and all is good, can you mention who it was that DID provide good customer service?

We tend to jump all over the bad things, but never recognize those that do it right.

Just my $0.02.

Black914_4
QUOTE(brp986s @ Apr 3 2012, 05:50 PM) *

The fun part comes later when you try to install them and get them properly spaced and in a line. hissyfit.gif

I laid a tape measure across mine and took pics. Hopefully in a month when I go to put them back on the pics help and it's not to painful. biggrin.gif
Haudiosolutions
I received my "P" today, (not to be confused with menstration, "monthly visitor", etc..) Thanks to the guys at Automobile Atlanta for correcting the mix up quickly and without drama. You guys rock.

Derrick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.