Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fess up...who stole the 72 gold metallic on SF Bay Area CL?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/2933278262.html
Mike Bellis
Saw that ad. Couldn't talk my wife into buying it sad.gif

Looks like a nice car!
tod914
Great color! Would love to see more shots of it, if anyone gets them fowarded.
EdwardBlume
Nice car! Didn't pass the wife test.... blink.gif
pktzygt
I assume "no rush issues" is a typo for no rust issues". Then it is followed up that it needs a battery tray. Fishy.

But it does look purdy!
DBCooper
I saw that too, but "will require some attention towards restoration/battery tray" put me off.
Ferg
best color ever. biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 3 2012, 08:34 AM) *

I assume "no rush issues" is a typo for no rust issues". Then it is followed up that it needs a battery tray. Fishy.

But it does look purdy!

Sean - he must mean that it won't go fast, by "no rush issues"! biggrin.gif
... or maybe he's not in a hurry to sell? laugh.gif

My 73 was "repainted" this gold metallic color by the PO/1st owner, when I bought it 3 years old in 12/75. IIRC they had the dealer to a color change from L80E for them - either new or shortly thereafter, & I think it too was a "wife request"! biggrin.gif

I liked the color itself okay - although Marathon or Alaska Blue Metallics or Black & maybe some others would've been my top choices, but buying used I had to go for best mechanical condition available. It has a Beige interior, so the gold same tone was too much all the same, & I did my first color change to the 75 Copper Metallic in summer 76, then the Anthracite Grey Metallic in 80. Going back to L80E in the resto though!

PS - from the few pix, looking at the relatively nice bumpers & original(?) paint condition, it could be a gem in the rough, with a little hell hole work, etc.?
Mike Bellis
Car is re-listed... Twice the original price... Think I got this right this time... smile.gif

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3137765462.html

IPB Image

IPB Image
rick 918-S
Salvage title could have something to do with this poorly repaired left quarter panel.

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
What of that says "poorly repaired" to you, Rick? It looks like it might have been puled out a little for wider tires (or bad offsets on a set of wheels), but I'd like to know how to spot poor repairs in the future.

--DD
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 14 2012, 10:01 AM) *

What of that says "poorly repaired" to you, Rick? It looks like it might have been puled out a little for wider tires (or bad offsets on a set of wheels), but I'd like to know how to spot poor repairs in the future.

--DD

Look at the first photo Mike posted. The quarter panel looks nice. Then look at the photo I posted. After 40 years doing body work my guess is this is the reason for the salvage title. A nice repair would have been less obvious. Still, a negociated price could be right if the chassis checks out.
ThePaintedMan
Poor gaps around the taillight and that thing has waaaaaves a plenty!
cwpeden
I like the 'super original' seatbelts. Are those air ducts in the dash 'super original' too. Hmmmmm dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.