Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jake Raby's '74 2056 on ebay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fteixeira
Jake had a 1974 2056 on sale here about a yr ago. Dam car lasted about 15min. Missed it by ~2hr or I would have made a dash for it.

The car on ebay looks a lot like it. I think Jake sold it for ~$9k, if memory serves me correctly. For some reason, I remember the exhaust tips. Can anyone confirm my failing memory?

'74 2056 on ebay

fteixeira
tod914
Hanks car! He took me for a ride in it shortly after Jake sold it to him. What a blast that was! Real nice torque in that motor.
fteixeira
Missing out on that car is making me cry. Time for another beer.

Did Hank do anything more to the car?

fteixeira
tod914
I'm not sure. He's a stand up guy, I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you what he's done to it.
Jake Raby
That's the car... When I sold it it lasted 13 minutes in the classifieds. That engine ran great, but it's over 4 generations old now and we don't even build 2056 based engines these days... Will be interesting to see if it sells for that price, if it does it'll make a strong case for the value that one of my engines builds into a car, even one that's 10 years old...
ape914
rather if it sells for that much, maybe it will make a strong case for that these cars are becoming very valuable over all. maybe we are seeing the 914's go the classic 356 route price wise?

10-15 years ago 914's could be found for almost give way prices at times. there was a time when classic 356's were like that Now look at them.

there is also an inflation factor, ten years ago you could buy a lot more for the money. if only that $9000 had been invested in gold coins!
rjames
That seems like a high $ ask, even with a great engine. Don't concours stock 914s go for that price?
carr914
QUOTE(ape914 @ Apr 3 2012, 01:35 PM) *

rather if it sells for that much, maybe it will make a strong case for that these cars are becoming very valuable over all. maybe we are seeing the 914's go the classic 356 route price wise?

10-15 years ago 914's could be found for almost give way prices at times. there was a time when classic 356's were like that Now look at them.

there is also an inflation factor, ten years ago you could buy a lot more for the money. if only that $9000 had been invested in gold coins!

Jake didn't sell the car 10 Years ago, the motor was built 10 Years ago.

When Jake sold it ( not very long ago) $9k was a Very Good Price, that and it was coming from Jake made it a Very Good Deal. Now at over twice the Price, not a Deal at all.
rmital
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 3 2012, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(ape914 @ Apr 3 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Jake didn't sell the car 10 Years ago, the motor was built 10 Years ago.

When Jake sold it ( not very long ago) $9k was a Very Good Price, that and it was coming from Jake made it a Very Good Deal. Now at over twice the Price, not a Deal at all.

...just got off the phone with Hank...he seems well enough. He's just doing some EBay fishing poke.gif
914 shifter
yes i am just fishing.i really love the car and the engine.since buying the car from
Jake i have rebuilt the rear brakes,with help from PMB, porterfield pads on all 4 corners, bilsteins all the way around, 100# rear springs,ate blue brake fluid,rear window seal/butyl tape,and a few other odds and ends.if i were more motivated to sell the car i would have started the bidding at a lower #. then again you never know WTF.gif chowtime.gif

BTW i'll list my car for whatever price i damn well please grouphug.gif
fteixeira
Hank: You have every right to ask what you want for the car. I hope you get it. If it sells, it'll be a good omen for all of us.

I'm just jealous I didn't get my grubby hands on it when Jake was selling.

Best of luck.

fteixeira
914 shifter
QUOTE(Scotti @ Apr 3 2012, 06:22 PM) *

Hank there's a sucker born every minute poke.gif and I oughta know blink.gif

scotti you always crack me up lol-2.gif hope to see you guys in hershey gunner.gif
Jake Raby
I do the same thing that Hank is doing. BUT the people come to me looking for the car :-)
EdwardBlume
Has anyone considered that the car has Raby's. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
ape914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 3 2012, 07:45 PM) *

I do the same thing that Hank is doing. BUT the people come to me looking for the car :-)

So like Hank, you are not motivated to sell, start the price high, cause you never know WTF, and charge what ever you please?

So are you saying you never offer a good deal?
Dave_Darling
You might notice that earlier in this thread several people said "That car was a good deal!" So I think that answers your question, Ape.

Nice way to start a pissing match, BTW.

--DD
Jake Raby
Nothing wrong with high expectations for a car that has value and is so clean and unmolested.
monkeyboy
If I am not looking to sell, and someone wants it, then the onus is on them to make me an offer that makes me sell. Is that wrong?

I have been driving my car to work lately since it's been nice, and I have had a couple of people pull up at a stop light and make offers on my car.

It's flattering, but not for sale.
JRust
I'm watching to see if it sells for the 20k too! More power to Hank if he can pull a good profit out of the 914. Kind of nice to see someone actually get more than they have into their 914 confused24.gif . I just need to figure out how the hell to do that dry.gif . Even when I manage to sell something a make a small profit. I can't seem to not use the money on another 914 headbang.gif .

Good luck Hank beerchug.gif
ape914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 4 2012, 10:07 AM) *

You might notice that earlier in this thread several people said "That car was a good deal!" So I think that answers your question, Ape.

Nice way to start a pissing match, BTW.

--DD

scotti : implies only a sucker would pay that price.

rjames : says it seems like a high $ to ask.

Carr914 :says it's Not a deal at all.

seller : says he's just fishing on the price.

I think $20 K is on the really highside too.

I didn't notice anyone saying "that car was a good deal", much less several people saying that?????

not a pissing match, just seems several folks think it might be overpriced.,

Just wondering why a vendor would admit to fishing a high price on things he sells or maybe he was just kidding? (that's what I suspect) anyway not a pissing match, just thought it was an odd statement from a vendor, that's all. No harm ment, just a observation.
ape914
QUOTE(Scotti @ Apr 4 2012, 06:43 PM) *

Ape you must learn to read between the pixels around here. it's all in good fun we are CSOB's after all beer.gif

I know I am having good fun. I examined every pixel in extreme detail under a magnifer glass. I discovered all this is not real, just a bunch of tiny dots.

what's a CSOB anyway?
DBCooper
My initials, Cheap SOB.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(ape914 @ Apr 4 2012, 12:57 PM) *

I didn't notice anyone saying "that car was a good deal", much less several people saying that?????

Damn, maybe I need to take a break from the boards.

What I was referring to was that Jake's original sale was referred to as a good deal, not the current fishing expedition. But that thought got mangled up with the rest of the discussion.

Sorry 'bout that.

--DD
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 5 2012, 04:06 PM) *

Damn, maybe I need to take a break from the boards.

No, that would be our loss....
Jake Raby
I sold the car too cheap.. Thats why it sold in 15 minutes.
But I didn't care and still don't. Its only money and the damn car was in my way.
carr914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 5 2012, 08:52 PM) *

agree.gif
jmill
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 5 2012, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 5 2012, 08:52 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif x2

I've got over that in mine and it's still up on jackstands.
Jake Raby
Well, selling it cheap was better than being crucified here for trying to rape buyers.
Lou W
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 5 2012, 07:54 PM) *

Well, selling it cheap was better than being crucified here for trying to rape buyers.

Oh, so now you're undercutting the true value of our cars by underselling yours???

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.