Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 Irish Green 914/4 interior questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
lonewolfe
I bought a 1972 Irish Green 914/4 1.7L a couple of months ago. The car has a brown interior with tan carpeting that is a all in need of replacement. Was the brown interior on this car a color originally offered as an option from the factory? I ask because every 1972 Irish Green 914 I've found pictures of has either a black or tan interior including the 914/6's. I'm not stuck on replacing a brown interior and probably am leaning towards black but the brown has kind of grown on me. I'm not a fan of the tan interior though.

Can anyone tell me how to find out if the dark brown was original? Is there a Vin# decoder chart available where I can find out what the interior color was from the factory?
IronHillRestorations
The only chance of knowing for sure would be to purchase the Certificate Of Authenticity from Porsche, and sometimes they are not accurate. Last I heard the COA's were $125, which is ridiculous, for what you get.
Gustl
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Apr 3 2012, 01:07 PM) *

Was the brown interior on this car a color originally offered as an option from the factory?

1972 Colour Chart:

colour code 1510 - irish green

interior code 21 - leatherette brown with basketwave seat inlays (black = 11, beige = 31)
interior code 22 - leatherette brown with corduroy fabric seat inlays (black = 12, beige = 32)

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Apr 3 2012, 01:07 PM) *

Can anyone tell me how to find out if the dark brown was original?

as Perry told you ...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.