Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jwest Linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I think I'm missing a part of my linkage and I'm trying to picture what goes where.

I cut the piece off my old linkage and welded up the 32+" long rod. Isn't there suppose to be two rods? The newly fabbed piece goes from the firewall to console on tranny? What about forward to the shifter or vis versa?

Kev
mepstein
QUOTE(kconway @ Apr 3 2012, 09:33 AM) *

I think I'm missing a part of my linkage and I'm trying to picture what goes where.

I cut the piece off my old linkage and welded up the 32+" long rod. Isn't there suppose to be two rods? The newly fabbed piece goes from the firewall to console on tranny? What about forward to the shifter or vis versa?

Kev

I would just ask James at Jwest.
carr914
I thought the modified/welded rod was the front bar confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 3 2012, 04:48 PM) *
I thought the modified/welded rod was the front bar confused24.gif

Nope, that's for the rear ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=70331

chowtime.gif
kconway
I'm thoroughly confused. James (Jwest) told me today that the supplied tube along with the cutoff from the forward shift rod goes INSIDE and I've got to fab my own rear using my old tube.

Kev
SirAndy
QUOTE(kconway @ Apr 3 2012, 06:40 PM) *
I'm thoroughly confused.

Maybe i'm confused ... Since i needed a straight shift rod in the back.

It's been so long, i can't remember half of the stuff i did back then.
rolleyes.gif
kconway
I'm trying to put this on a 6 conversion so I'm sure I need a straight rod in the back.
Mike Bellis
Buy some DOM tubing on ebay. it's cheap and the best to use. Measure the splined stubs from JWest and search online.
naro914
so...where does one get one of these kits? I noticed Jwest doesnt sell them anymore?
maf914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 4 2012, 04:12 AM) *

so...where does one get one of these kits? I noticed Jwest doesnt sell them anymore?

Jwest did discontinue his linkage kit about a year ago. Chris at Tangerine Racing offers a similat linkage kit.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/transmission.htm
mepstein
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 4 2012, 08:12 AM) *

Tangerine racing is making something similar. Talk to Chris.
carr914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 4 2012, 08:12 AM) *

Bob, JWest indeed does not sell these anymore, but I bought everything he had left, so I probably have an extra - I know I don't have the U-Joints though as James did not have any of those left

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.