Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TEXAS GUYS are you all ok?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
watching bad tornados on the news!

so glad we don't get that kind of shit up here in the PNW
TheCabinetmaker
Tornados can happen anywchere. We had a 4.0 quake in oklahoma this morning.
messix
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 3 2012, 12:56 PM) *

Tornados can happen anywchere. We had a 4.0 quake in oklahoma this morning.

the topography and weather engine of the pnw makes tornados very rare.
ClayPerrine
I am working from home today. They split me here. But Betty's work is right in the path of one. She told me they were in the stairwell for about 20 minutes.

Her 914 is in the parking deck there. Everyone pray it is undamaged.

messix
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 3 2012, 01:00 PM) *

I am working from home today. They split me here. But Betty's work is right in the path of one. She told me they were in the stairwell for about 20 minutes.

Her 914 is in the parking deck there. Everyone pray it is undamaged.

screw the car, betty's the important one! happy11.gif
Woody
I'm okay but I'm in Atlanta right now.
messix
QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 3 2012, 01:52 PM) *

I'm okay

thats up for debate! slap.gif av-943.gif
stuttgart46
Just checked the radar and I don't think it's even going to make it here, thankfully.
Bob L.
QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 3 2012, 03:52 PM) *

You're in Atlanta, so you are not OK. biggrin.gif
underthetire
Finally my brother called from Dallas. He just pulled his new camero Ss in the shop when it started throwing golf balls. One just missed his house. He was pretty scared, comming from shaky ground here, he had never seen anything like it. Actually watched one form in front of him. Think he's moving soon!
david63
Anyone here know Rich Lambert in Benbrook? He is a great mechanic just hard to get a hold of sometime. I have no idea if the storms went through there? He is not much for answering the phone so I did not even try to call him to check on him and his shop?
EdwardBlume
Looks like the worst part of was the Sharks knocking the Stars out of the sky.... aktion035.gif
bandjoey
It was so bad for a couple of hours I thought I was living in Oklahoma! 12 Separate tornado funnels. Watch the CNN video of 18 wheel trailers several hundreds of feet in the air like Dorthy's house.
messix
i know there are more dallas/fw guys around....

are you guys all accounted for??? huh.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Apr 3 2012, 05:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 3 2012, 03:52 PM) *
You're in Atlanta, so you are not OK. biggrin.gif
Austin, eh? Care to do a PPI on a Vanagon for me? confused24.gif
auto_cran
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 4 2012, 07:06 PM) *

i know there are more dallas/fw guys around....

are you guys all accounted for??? huh.gif

In Plano (just north of Dallas), we got some heavy rain. Wife, house & cars are all ok.

At the office in Addison, storms were stronger and they had us take cover in the stairwells as a precaution.

Scary stuff!

Chris
(auto_cran)

messix
happy you guys are safe, my good friend was on her way to memphis last year and drove through the "alley" when all shit was hitting the fan.

that shit freaks me out now!
Grelber
Most of the damage was south of Dallas. A good friend of mine was driving home and took this picture our of her car window. This is the one that was tossing the 18 wheelers around.

Click to view attachment
euro911
Whoa sad.gif tossing 18-wheelers in the air? blink.gif

I'll put up with the earthquakes out here
dakotaewing
The tornados were 5 miles east, and 10 miles west of me...
House and yard are fine, but I lost a 60 foot tree due to straight line winds about 12 days ago...
It does not appear that there was anyone killed yesterday, which is a miracle after seeing the videos -
messix
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Apr 4 2012, 07:53 PM) *

The tornados were 5 miles east, and 10 miles west of me...
House and yard are fine, but I lost a 60 foot tree due to straight line winds about 12 days ago...
It does not appear that there was anyone killed yesterday, which is a miracle after seeing the videos -

you dont MESS WITH TEXAS!
ClayPerrine
In south Fort Worth there were a bunch of full boxcars found about 100 yards from the tracks.

The storms split us here. One went west of my house, and one east, right over DFW airport.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.