Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
My good friend of Karmann Ghia fame is buying a 914, it is in pieces but in very good shape body wise. There isn't any exhaust with the engine but I have a set of SS Heat exchangers I will swap him, question is how do I tell if they will fit the engine which we think is a 2.0 litre, I haven't seen the engine yet to see if it is a GA, and also it has been rebuilt by a reputable guy from our area but he isn't a type 4 guy.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
JamesM
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Apr 3 2012, 02:52 PM) *

My good friend of Karmann Ghia fame is buying a 914, it is in pieces but in very good shape body wise. There isn't any exhaust with the engine but I have a set of SS Heat exchangers I will swap him, question is how do I tell if they will fit the engine which we think is a 2.0 litre, I haven't seen the engine yet to see if it is a GA, and also it has been rebuilt by a reputable guy from our area but he isn't a type 4 guy.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

they all fit the engine, the difference is in the muffler mounting.
SirAndy
SSI's used the same size tubing for all their exhausts.

The difference between the 2.0L and 1.7/1.8L is in the muffler mounting and muffler flanges.
shades.gif
Ian Stott
How do I tell which ones I have?
poorsche914
The muffler end of the 2.0 style will have straight pipes.
The end of the 1.7/1.8 version will have pipes that bend up and out.

driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Apr 3 2012, 03:59 PM) *
How do I tell which ones I have?

Post a pic ... shades.gif
Prospectfarms
Here's a few:IPB Image
Courtesy of Jeff Bowlsby
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.