Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash lights all went out all of a sudden
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
The other night, all of my dash lights just went out.

Turn, high beam, low fuel, oil, seat belt lights all work. Just the illumination is out.

Fuses are good.

Switch is somewhat suspect, in that I need to jiggle it to get the headlights to pop, but the parking lights come on.

Other than the switch, where should I look? OR have I already answered my own question??
falconfp2001
I would trace the wire back to the fuse first. Sometimes the terminals get oxidized and you need to re-establish a connection by pulling the wire and then plugging it back in. As far as I can tell there are no relays associated with dash illumination and the switch or the fuse panel would be your best bet.
914itis
I bet on the switch
Dave_Darling
Switch or fuse. I know you said the fuses are good, but they can pop and still look good at first. Pull each one out and look at it; if it is really popped the metal part will fall apart when you pull it out of the holder.

--DD
brant
re check you fuse.
I believe its number 9 ?

my hunch...
after you find #9 bad it will keep blowing until you fix the short in your rear bumper liscense tag light

KaptKaos
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 3 2012, 08:39 PM) *

re check you fuse.
I believe its number 9 ?

my hunch...
after you find #9 bad it will keep blowing until you fix the short in your rear bumper liscense tag light

That might be true if those were wired up lol-2.gif
brant
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Apr 3 2012, 08:40 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 3 2012, 08:39 PM) *

re check you fuse.
I believe its number 9 ?

my hunch...

That might be true if those were wired up lol-2.gif

is it possible that they are shorting to each other or ground because they are not wired up....? maybe the black electrical tape came off causing one of them to be bare?

KaptKaos
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 3 2012, 08:42 PM) *

is it possible that they are shorting to each other or ground because they are not wired up....? maybe the black electrical tape came off causing one of them to be bare?

Good point. Will check that. thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.