Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice original Black-black 76 914-2.0 on evil-bay - no affil.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Tom_T
Like the title says ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Porsch...em=190662836458

Purdy, but it looks like a resto respray & polished Fuchs with a few other non-original mods (rear badges, radio, etc.), so I'm not sure if it's worth $23900 to the CW type collectors that these high price originals generally appeal to, but we shall see!!??

popcorn[1].gif
stuttgart46
Man I hope he gets it. I have a black and tan that still has the original radio and jack. I guess mine must be worth $50K or so? LOL
underthetire
JRust still has his LE on Ebay....

bigkensteele
Seats are swapped. I wonder if people do that so they will wear evenly?

Strangest thing to me is that it has an early fuel overflow tank instead of the late plastic one. Also, my old '76 had '914' and '2.0' decals on the back rather than emblems, but it was yellow. Perhaps they put emblems on black cars?

Looks pretty nice, but not $23k nice.
Tom_T
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 4 2012, 04:02 PM) *

Seats are swapped. I wonder if people do that so they will wear evenly?

Strangest thing to me is that it has an early fuel overflow tank instead of the late plastic one. Also, my old '76 had '914' and '2.0' decals on the back rather than emblems, but it was yellow. Perhaps they put emblems on black cars?

Looks pretty nice, but not $23k nice.

agree.gif

That's what I meant by the rear badges - may have been later add on when repainted, but maybe they just cut the plastic studs & glued it on & not drilled the rear wall.

Tank &/or exp. tank swap is probable cause on that detail.

And seat swap was probably inattentive reassembly, cuz the driver's seat L lower bolster is shaped to get a grip on the E-brake handle, pass. seat is not.
Tom_T
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 4 2012, 09:50 AM) *

JRust still has his LE on Ebay....

.... and still not met his reserve as of an hour or so ago either! huh.gif

Maybe everyone at evil-bay already saw the pix from 2010 WCR of it on the trailer & trying to get it running! poke.gif biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Apr 4 2012, 09:29 AM) *

Man I hope he gets it. I have a black and tan that still has the original radio and jack. I guess mine must be worth $50K or so? LOL

... and I prefer your tan (Beige) interior with the black - or most other paint colors too, but then I'm partial due to my L80E-Beige 73 2L! biggrin.gif
Tom
I noticed that the air injection system had been modified. See the single engine bay pic, blank over the air cleaner snout! Makes me wonder what else on this original car has been modified.
Still a nice looking car, but ?
Tom
dcheek
QUOTE(Tom @ Apr 4 2012, 03:51 PM) *

I noticed that the air injection system had been modified. See the single engine bay pic, blank over the air cleaner snout! Makes me wonder what else on this original car has been modified.
Tom

That blank has been on my '76 since day one, if you are talking about the one facing the battery held on by 2 bolts.

Dave
armrad
Predict sale at $8,500 if really nice
JeffBowlsby
Fine looking car, not a 100-point car but very nice none the less, worth way more the $8500. unless there are things being concealed. That blank on the air cleaner covers where the CA-only cars had an EGR valve installed...this is a 49-state car, so it never had an EGR valve.

QUOTE(dcheek @ Apr 11 2012, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom @ Apr 4 2012, 03:51 PM) *

Tom

That blank has been on my '76 since day one, if you are talking about the one facing the battery held on by 2 bolts.

Dave

Drums66
...really clean&cool man!(too much ducats though)in my apinion idea.gif
bye1.gif yellowsleep[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.