Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pipe question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martin_UK914
Evening all...

Asking on behalf of my brothers car... not mine alas...

Ok, so it was a '70 2.0L, and he did al the right stuff converting to a 6, like engine mounts, oil tank etc etc... all done properly.

Now, we have dropped in a 2.7s einspritzen motor... w00t.gif and obviously the oil pipes don't match up... the thread on the motor is different from the car.

Is there an easy fix for this or does someone make a pipe to suit?

Any help would be appreciated. biggrin.gif
SLITS
If he installed a 65 - 69 2.0L six, the pipe size is 18 mm or something like that. The later six engines were 22 mm or something like that.

You need:

Outlet and inlet adapters for the oil tank which are available. You would then have to find hoses and connectors from the later model engine.

Your other choice is to take the scavenge pump fitting from an earlier engine and replace the one on the 2.7L with the earlier one and your hoses will fit.

Alternatively, you can change everything to AN hose and fittings with adapters for the tank and outlet of the engine.

I have a 2.7L in mine. I used the rear scavenge line from a 911, and then brazed industrial fittings on the the hard pipe, joined all of them with industrial hose, and brazed fittings on the oil tank of the appropriate size.

And I forgot about the on board oil cooler ... You just install the same cooler that was on the original small six on the 2.7L
GeorgeRud
I just used the AN -12 fitting and converters on mine. I fit a Mocal thermostat so lines run to a front mounted oil cooler as well, and the AN fittings made everything easy to hook up (if not exactly cheap).
martin_UK914
ummmm.... sorry for being a bit thick... but i'm still not getting it...

anyone got some more in depth suggestions?

blink.gif
sixnotfour
The steel fitting on the engine, you need to change it, early are 26mm threads and the later are 30mm.
You need the early steel fitting that screws into the case. To use the 914-6 oil pipe.
martin_UK914
ah... sorry, with a bit of self application and your already kind advice I am beginning to understand.

My problem is the car is in a shop 200 miles away... so I cant measure things myself...

what size is the oil tank fitting, and what size will the 911 pipe be? Just so I can order the right adapter.

thanks in advance

Martin
martin_UK914
lol...just read the above...

thanks
sixnotfour
900-136-013-02 OR used its 1969 911 and earlier oil line case adapter fitting,,,Or oil manifold fitting.

to use the 914-6 steel oil line. Your old motor (2.0) should have the correct one ??
jim912928
They are correct on the fitting...all you need is the male to male 26mm and it's part number 90013601302 and it should be about $8.00 at the porsche dealership. On and off in seconds when you get the part. I ran into the same problem with my 3.2.
Scott S
I just did this as well.

One side note/question - is is okay to go with the smaller lines? While more expensive, wouldn't it be better/safer to upgrade to the larger?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Scott S @ Apr 6 2012, 10:33 AM) *

I just did this as well.

One side note/question - is is okay to go with the smaller lines? While more expensive, wouldn't it be better/safer to upgrade to the larger?

The hole in the larger fitting is the same as the smaller fitting..... sooo the larger pipe can't receive or carry any more oil than the smaller one.
Scott S
That makes sense. That then would also be the same issue in regards to the stock oil tank discharge fitting as well - correct?

Sorry to be so basic - I know nothing about fluid dynamics at all.....
kconway
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 6 2012, 01:51 AM) *

900-136-013-02 OR used its 1969 911 and earlier oil line case adapter fitting,,,Or oil manifold fitting.

to use the 914-6 steel oil line. Your old motor (2.0) should have the correct one ??

I've got the same issue. I've got metric oil lines and having tough time finding the right fitting at the case for the 26mm scavenge line. That fitting is NLA, anyone got a 26mm case fitting they can part with?

Kev
jim912928
I'm not really sure if it is NLA....last January I went to the Porsche dealership with that part number...ordered it and received it in 3 days.
jmill
This is what you need if you use the larger oil lines. You can also use the smaller lines but you'll need the smaller fitting on the case. You could also go with AN fittings. See page 183 of Dempsey's book for a pick.

http://www.elephantracing.com/oilhandling/.../914adapter.htm
kconway
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Apr 7 2012, 06:01 AM) *

I'm not really sure if it is NLA....last January I went to the Porsche dealership with that part number...ordered it and received it in 3 days.

Yes, I was wrong. They are in stock in Germany according to my dealership.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.