Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clicking from Steering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rderow
I had a guy install a bump steer kit in my 1974 914 and it started clicking REAL bad when i turned the wheel so i removed it. I am still getting this clicking when i turn the wheel and when it turns back. I am dreading that the bump steer kit damaged the steering rack or something. Any ideas?
mrbubblehead
i had the same problem. with the spacers still installed, i loosened the "u joints" under the dash and tapped on them a bit to releive the added pressure. now the wheel turns freely, just like it did stock. on a side note, you should check your steering coupler. mine was trashed, and didnt even know it because of that rediculous plastic cover. i cut that plastic cover off and didnt replace it. now i can do a visual check on it without disassembling the steering shaft.
A&PGirl
For me, clicking was a trashed out bearing behind the steering wheel. Also, I cleaned the steering column and shaft, lubed the splines and put it back together. The clicking went away.

Make sure your circlips are actually there.
Rderow
thanks i am going to check out both... !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.