Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TB question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Does anyone here re-bush the TB shafts??
brant
I have the same question
great question
following along

brant
Richard Casto
Tuberculosis is a serious disease. Or are you talking about something else? smile.gif

Richard
falconfp2001
Some body did this in a build thread. It is quite involved so I don't think anyone offers a service.
underthetire
Easy'nuff to do if you have a lathe and mill. Bet Mueller would do them, ill ask him.
76-914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 5 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Easy'nuff to do if you have a lathe and mill. Bet Mueller would do them, ill ask him.

Your right but I don't have one. It's a common practice the in GA community but I haven't seen it offered here. I'll bet there are several amongst us that would contribute in a "group deal" to whomever might offer this service.
76-914
icon_bump.gif
Elliot Cannon
WTF.gif is a TB shaft?
76-914
throttle body shaft. I'll bet your carb in that Lycoming has been re bushed. I may end up finding an A&P to do it.
underthetire
Mueller is Mia right now. Give me a week.
76-914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 6 2012, 05:30 PM) *

Mueller is Mia right now. Give me a week.

will do
piratenanner.gif
zonedoubt
I didn't rebush per se but installed new seals on my TB in my workshop with a drill press. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1444564

Not too difficult with the right tools, parts, and set-up. If the original seals were still available then it be an easier job. There is a guy on the Samba who used sealed bearings and some other ideas there as well as far as inserting fresh bronze sleeves.
76-914
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Apr 6 2012, 10:54 PM) *

I didn't rebush per se but installed new seals on my TB in my workshop with a drill press. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1444564

Not too difficult with the right tools, parts, and set-up. If the original seals were still available then it be an easier job. There is a guy on the Samba who used sealed bearings and some other ideas there as well as far as inserting fresh bronze sleeves.

Excellent write up. I'm awaiting Jeff's response in a week or so re: Mueller. If that doesn't pan out I will contact you for additional info on those seals. BTW, Buna N is some tuff stuff and holds up very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.