Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Rear Wings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I'm toying with the idea of a high wing on my car. Who has some experience and are there suppliers for them.
Thanks, T.C.
Mueller
here you go....of course if your are running an old 2.0 motor and Riveria rims, it might look odd smile.gif

IPB Image
soloracer
One
soloracer
Two
carr914
I like it. Can you cockpit adjust it like the Chaparral's
soloracer
Three
Mueller
I like it. Can you cockpit adjust it like the Chaparral's

it wouldn't be hard to do that, but you'd have to question whether or not the additional money to fabricate it could be be better off spending it someplace else......also, unless you are driving in an endurance race you wouldn't really need to play with the adjustments

to me, it looks like all of the rear wings posted must be manually adjusted at the wing........
Andyrew
Umm..

ya...

That blue car rocks...
seanery
this is my favorite 914 wing - I've been told this one is cockpit adjustable
bob91403
Last time I was out at Willow Springs there was some regulation regarding the wing not being higher than the roof. Is that for a specific class?
URY914
ss
URY914
xx
URY914
xxx
URY914
TC you coming out to the Autox on Sunday???
URY914
TC you coming out to the Autox on Sunday???
VegasRacer
wing-ding
carr914
Paul, I'm thinking about coming to the Auto-X, but I don't have anything to run. The teener is motorless for a month or so. Being flared & painted while I wait. Even watching an Auto-X beats watching the Bucs play.
T.C.
URY914
Come on out, The Bucs suck (again)

No hurricanes this weekend. wink.gif

Paul
smrz914
Does the yellow #10 car have a resloped windshield? It looks more raked then the others.

And what/who's flares are on the silver 286 car. I think other cars have it as well.
URY914
QUOTE(smrz914 @ Sep 30 2004, 10:23 PM)
Does the yellow #10 car have a resloped windshield? It looks more raked then the others.

And what/who's flares are on the silver 286 car. I think other cars have it as well.

It looks like the yellow can has had the top chopped to lower it.

And the silver car's flares look like the AIR kit. (American International Racing, L.A. Ca.)

Paul
machina
The yellow car has the door handle indentation elongated into an air intake...pretty cool.
maf914
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Oct 1 2004, 03:57 AM)
The yellow car has the door handle indentation elongated into an air intake...pretty cool.

Yeah, neat scoop.

Looks like he also chopped the top. The side window looks shorter in height and the top meets the targa bar in a wierd way. blink.gif
VegasRacer
The yellow car was this purple car before. It was built at the same time by the same guy (Carl Young) as my new ride (Elvira). The nose is from a 924. There are similar air scoops on both sides. The windshield is raked. Look close at the bottom of the windshield. There are two sets of extra vent slots for more cooling.
URY914
You need to be careful when chopping tops on race cars. PCA will not allow it and bump you in to the GTP group. SCCA will also re-class you.
So your re-sale value or potenal buyer list may change when you do that.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.