If not I found it fun.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/slideshow.a...icid=autos_2429
URY914
#5 and #6 agree.gif
carr914
I've already been Spanked biggrin.gif \

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=179012
Black914_4
I don't think I've heard of a Dodge Omni. Looks ugly but 175hp! Sounds fun.

The RX 7 brings back memories biggrin.gif Man were they fun.
JRust
It was a proud moment for me! My wife spotted it & sent me the link wub.gif
unpolire
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 5 2012, 03:48 PM) *

Good list! Currently own and drive three of the ten and formerly owned four of ten! Enthusiasts never forgot...
sean_v8_914
I inherited a GLHS with a blown gear box. my friend told me it was so fast blah, blah, blah....3 years it sat in teh side yard till I fixed the trans. I drove it for a week to run errands. it was a stiff sprung, riced out looking lunch box on wheels, right? since it was an OMNI, I drove it like grandma would till one day I was trying to get around a truck. I floored it and nothing happened

...but once it passed 3500 rpm HOLY COW!!! the turbo spooled up and that ugly bugger launched like a rubber band. it surprised me, scared the crap out of me. if you kept it above 3500, the power was light switch instant.
my friend gave me a ton of info on the car that I never read till the passing incident. he had installed powr adders and claimed it to be over 200hp. the trans was geared short from Dodge. I did not know they only made 500.
3 years later I blew teh head gskt and threw the car away. it was an Illinois car. back then CA DMV charged a $500 environmental impact fee to reg non CA cars. the same year I threw it away, that law was over turned and the fees were returned to those who had paid it
it made a faint whistle right before the jump to light speed and teh torque steer made me feel like I was Mario Andretti
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.