Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mistery transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I got a side shift trani for my project, I installed it with the assumption that there was oil in there and that I would drive the car for a few miles then change the gear oil. Today I drove the car for about 15 miles for the first time. The car shifts great, no girding. All gears are in place.

When I return I jacked up the car on the pas sideto change the oil. Removed the top bolt, it was dry. I proceeded by removing the bottom plug, still no oil, I am thinking there is very litle and I need to jack it on the driver,s side. I did and still no oil.

WTF confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
You need to set the car on the ground Paul. The fluid is running to the front of the trani with the ass in the air. It may be dry still, but needs to level to get accurate reading.
dlee6204
agree.gif Try to get it as level as possible and check again. If its dry, fill it up and never assume anything again. poke.gif
TheCabinetmaker
agree.gif Fill it and drive it
914itis
I agree I should never assume. I filed it up already, it took 2 quarts . Just wanted to share and find it strange to drive fine with no oil.
914itis
The oil makes a difference. There was a compression like noise in second gear, it's gone now .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.