Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area fiberglass supplier
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
A co-worker of mine (think Ravenna, B!) needs some fiberglass mat to build some bits for his newly-acquired race bike. Does anyone have a local "hookup" here in the Bay Area (south bay or east bay preferred) to get the materials nice and cheap?

--DD
Mueller
The usual place: TAP Plastics, but be warned, they are expensive for everything, I try my hardest not to buy from them.

otherwise, West Marine (boat supply chain) and depending on location San Antonio Hobby on El Camino for small quanties.
L8Apex
www.tapplastics.com
Mueller
Well excuuuuusssss me for not giving him the web addy.......

The way I look at it is, if you cannot figure out the addy, one shouldn't be on the computer smile.gif
Mike's2nd914
Try Sherwin-Williams. Not the house paint store, see if they have a commercial outlet in your area. Around here, that is the best place to get stuff like that.
L8Apex
nah, it's ok to be big and lazy. beer.gif beerchug.gif
Tony C
It's not local, but it is only 1-2 days away, FiberGlast. VERY good prices and a really wide selection of different fabrics and resin systems.

-tony
L8Apex
Yet more laziness, Click here
Mueller
Just an FYI....

For items such as the resin, they might be listed as a
Hazardous Item and you'll get socked with a surcharge for shipping.

Just make sure to ask so that your "savings" are not eaten up in shipping and extra charges.
L8Apex
usually combustable (sp?) items and hazardous stuff can only be shipped ground.
Dave_Darling
Thanks, guys--I'll let him know.

--DD
(Wishing I were quintuplets...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.