Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with 96 Carrera 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
I Need a little help with a 96 Carrera 4.My question is where is the oil filter located on this car??And is there more than 1. Sorry its a little off topic,and not a 914, but i figured someone here might know.Thanks Jason from PA, See Yuall at Hershey
billh1963
Rennlist.com has a very active 993 forum.

If I remember from when I owned my 1996 C4S you have two filters...

993 oil change
Steve
I had a 96 C2. There are two filters. Porsche only changes the one located behind the rocker panel by the right rear wheel for minor maintenance and then they change both during the major. I changed both and the oil every 10k miles. The one under the motor is bear. You have to remove the oil line to get to it. I would buy a kit from Zimms that included the rubber seal for the oil line, filters and washers for both drain plugs. It was a bear to change the oil and filters. Jack up the car remove right rear wheel and passenger side rocker panel, remove right rear inside fender well, just to get to one of the drain plugs and filter. You also have to be creative where you put the floor jack versus the oil catch pan or you will have a mess. I also sold the car and kept the 914.
daniel951
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 6 2012, 10:12 AM) *

Rennlist.com has a very active 993 forum.

If I remember from when I owned my 1996 C4S you have two filters...

993 oil change

daniel951
i am a master porsche tech. i own my own porsche shop for 28 years. there are 2 filters and both should be changed with each oil change every 5000 miles. this is a very expensive engine and deserves proper care. one filter is near the bellhousing on r/s and the other filter is under the r/s rocker panel. remove the rocker and change the filter. rocker is so easy to remove. need anymore advice just let me know. always happy to help fellow porsche owners..... danny
Jaymann
Hey guys ,Thanks for all the information.It has been very helpful. Thanks Jaymann
kkid
http://p-car.com/diy/changeoil/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.