Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A positive experience w/ a SoCal Mfgr.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I have a knack for keeping too many irons in the fire and let this go for way too long. Many companies would tell you to go jump in the lake but Pertronix was a pleasure to deal with. Several weeks ago I installed a P1847V in my '73. I've run one of these for 10 yr's and another for 2.5 yr's with nary a hitch so I was surprised to find the 73 wouldn't fire with the new unit. I must have pulled that dizzy 3 times that day plus another 2 hr's to go through everything else before I dropped the points back in. I had contacted the factory but misunderstood their test so I thought the unit was good. Route 66 came and went so after I was sane again I contacted Pertronix once more. It was at this time that I discovered they were defective. As I mentioned earlier, I had let this drag on for several weeks but 4 days after mailing the old unit back (w/invoice) I received the new one today. I really was blown away by their level of service; before and after the sale. Don't try to blow smoke up their keister because they test them upon arrival and it's also apparent.
As you can see from the pic's there is appx a 3v difference. A reading of 3v - 0v is normal. I thought they meant a drop of 0-3v's. Duh headbang.gif If you were to look closely at the rotor (the round piece that I am holding) you would see a very small line running up/down the outer edge. There are 4 of these spaced 90 degrees apart. This is a thin strip of wire that when lined up with the pick up breaks the signal. I marked one w/ a Sharpie to point one of these wires out.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Tom
Kent,
Glad this worked out, but did they tell you what was wrong with the original unit? It is always good to have positive results from the manufacturer!! smile.gif
PS: did you see the update on the relay for the hot start? I think it looks pretty good. If you are still interested, PM me.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.