Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Congratulations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pam
Although I’m sure he’s too modest to post here about his award, I’ll do it for him. Lawrence was decorated with the Bronze Star Medal for his service during the war in Iraq.

-Pam
lapuwali
And doubtless well-deserved, too. Well done.

Now to see if he can drive around at home w/o feeling naked because he's not armed. biggrin.gif
Series9
That's a BIG deal. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for your service.

Joe
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pam @ Oct 1 2004, 10:39 AM)
Lawrence was decorated with the Bronze Star Medal

smilie_pokal.gif

it'll make a nice hood-badge for the teener ...
biggrin.gif Andy
scruz914
Wow! That is a big deal. Congratulations Lawrence! smilie_pokal.gif

Thank you for your service! flag.gif

-Jeff
Lou W
agree.gif Congradulations flag.gif
dennisc
Lawrence!
Congratulations and welcome home. Wish we could see you at MUSR.
Dennis & Linda Carter
Marshall, MO
JerryP
Ditto......Congrats and thanks. flag.gif
URY914
That is great.
Very Proud!!!

He is our hero. smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif
davep
I'll bet a certain Bee was very busy preparing for his arrival back home.

Congratulations Lawrence. beer.gif
sgomes
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Oct 1 2004, 09:43 AM)
Now to see if he can drive around at home w/o feeling naked because he's not armed.  :D

I wouldn't want to bet on that (not being armed)... biggrin.gif idea.gif
914helo
I'm a newbie to this site but it's good to see your sacrifice and service. It's been a couple of years since I was last deployed to the sandbox. Glad you made it home safe. smilie_pokal.gif
Kent
SteveL
Congratulation Lawrence, and thank you for defending and protecting all of us back home. flag.gif
airsix
Lawrence,
You are both a protector and provider of freedom. You have defended my liberty and you have fought to aquire it for those in bondage at the risk of your own life. The Lord himself said "Greater love hath no man than this...". Thank you, Lawrence. Thank you for what you do and the ideal you represent. The colective debt we owe to the members of our armed forces past and present is beyond measure. Remeber to the day you die a tired old man that I honor you. Regardless of what else your future brings, one thing you will always have is my respect and grattitude.

-Ben Messinger
seanery
Congrats Rusty! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Truly an honor to know of this. Thank you for your service. I hope the trip home finds you time to relax and enjoy some of life. flag.gif
scottb
cheers, grats and insert salute smiley!!!!!!!!!
Qarl
Bronze star!!!!! That is so amazing. I feel my self getting a little verklempt.... Talk amongst yourselves....

Seriously... I feel honored to have him here in our group.

This totally wonderful news and I know we are all proud to know him, even if it's just here on this silly car forum.

clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Good to get a Bronze Star, even better to NOT get a Purple Heart! Glad Rusty made it back intact! The Cap'n
Red-Beard
Congrats and again, Welcome Home. Hmmm. Maybe I can see that Blue 6 in Person. I'm only in Texas now...

Details? ar15.gif
markb
Congrats, Lawrence. Glad you're home safe & sound.
ThinAir
Congratulations and welcome home! It is well deserved, indeed! pray.gif flag.gif
Meredith
That's awesome, congratulations. You done good!

Mer
rick 918-S
Dude! Thank you doing the nasty. We need more like you! smilie_pokal.gif
Robert21
smilie_pokal.gif THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE
red914
QUOTE(airsix @ Oct 1 2004, 11:53 AM)
Lawrence,
You are both a protector and provider of freedom. You have defended my liberty and you have fought to aquire it for those in bondage at the risk of your own life. The Lord himself said "Greater love hath no man than this...". Thank you, Lawrence. Thank you for what you do and the ideal you represent. The colective debt we owe to the members of our armed forces past and present is beyond measure. Remeber to the day you die a tired old man that I honor you. Regardless of what else your future brings, one thing you will always have is my respect and grattitude.

-Ben Messinger

Ben has said it all, and it warrants being repeated. Thank you.
drew365
Good job Lawrence!
You da man. smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
Congrats Lawrence!!!!
Allan
Thank you so very much!!! I'mn sorry I'm late in posting, but again, THANK YOU!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
DonTraver
From a Nam Vet, glad you made it back from the New Nam. smilie_pokal.gif

Take Care, Don
campbellcj
Congrats Rusty, and deepest thanks for your service to our nation! flag.gif The beers are on me if we happen to cross paths again. beerchug.gif

I hope you have time to catch up and relax with Pam, play with 914's, and do whatever else you have missed the most while away. We all can imagine the personal sacrifices involved but I'm sure most of us cannot truly understand what it's like unless we have been through a similar experience ourselves. (Me included -- the longest I've ever been away from "home" was only about 3 weeks!)
Rusty
I wasn't going to post about this in a public forum... but thank you for the congratulations. I'm not even sure how to respond to this, other than to say thank you.

To tell the truth, I don't know exactly what a hero is... but I'll let anyone buy me a beer. :beer:

-Rusty
Joe Ricard
Got a beer with your name on it. mueba.gif THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR DEVOTION TO THIS COUNTRY. beer.gif
gregrobbins
Thank you for your service! You make us PROUD!
Joe Bob
Good job....can ya give us any specifics?

Closest MY family ever got to a medal.....was a gold medal in the trailer trash Olympics...they were so proud they chipped in and got it bronzed.... w00t.gif
VegasRacer
Congrats Lawrence. IPB Image
Be sure not to wear your Bronze Star when you shower.
We don't want it to rust. ar15.gif

BTW - Your porcelain model will be in the mail on Monday
WoMBaT
Congrats... smilie_pokal.gif

Don't even get me started....

WoMBaT
bryanthompson
Congrats! Thank you for your service, you're a great American!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 2 2004, 09:11 AM)
Good job....can ya give us any specifics?

Closest MY family ever got to a medal.....was a gold medal in the trailer trash Olympics...they were so proud they chipped in and got it bronzed.... w00t.gif

lol2.gif pray.gif

I'm with the Cap'n on this one, better a bronze star than a purple heart!

I doubt you'll even have to bring your wallet to the bar at any future 914 events! beer.gif Well, maybe just to prove that you're of drinking age... biggrin.gif bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.