Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MegaSquirt ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falconfp2001
piratenanner.gif I just got my 1.7 with 2.0L intake started today on a MegaSquirt 2 but I have a little problem.

I was sure I did everything to change the number of cylinders but it shows half the speed of the actual tach.

Anyone?
Dave_Darling
The cam and the distributor and the ignition and the injection all run at half the speed of the crank. That's the way a four-stroke engine works.

--DD
falconfp2001
Yes I understand that but I'm using the negative pole on my coil for tach input as it suggests. The problem has to be in the software configuration but I'm not sure where to look now.
underthetire
Think I ran in to that, if I remember correctly, it had to do with rising edge or falling edge on the set up of the trigger in software.
JamesM
Post your Engine constants and ignition settings or send me your MSQ and ill see if anything stands out.

What Tach are you using? It it is aftermarket your setting on it could be wrong as well. If it is stock it could just be off a bit.
falconfp2001
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 6 2012, 10:57 PM) *

Post your Engine constants and ignition settings or send me your MSQ and ill see if anything stands out.

What Tach are you using? It it is aftermarket your setting on it could be wrong as well. If it is stock it could just be off a bit.

I'm using tuner studio. Another question, how do you get it to display extended CLT temps? I can't seem to find the setting
rwilner
What's the tach reading in TS -- half or the correct value?
falconfp2001
QUOTE(rwilner @ Apr 7 2012, 05:26 AM) *

What's the tach reading in TS -- half or the correct value?

If my tach says 2000 Tunerstudio says 1000. Still haven't figured that out
falconfp2001
OK here is my setup so far.

1. MS2 PCB3.57 set for fuel only
2. Stock 1.7 injectors
3. Stock 2.0L intake with TB and Air filter assembly
4. Thermistor installed in stock CHT body
5. GM IAT installed in plenum
6. Stock Dizzy with Crane XR700
7. Stock Tachometer

My sensors all read correctly (way surprised on that) but I think I missed something on the constants. It fires up and runs. Idles high right now but I haven't let it worm up to peak yet.

I posted my msq in a zip file if anyone can maybe post a fix or give me a clue?
falconfp2001
I was able to get it to show the right tach speed but now having problems with idle mixture. it seems to be bogging down for some reason and now My AFR gauge doesn't display anything but MS is getting the signal.

Go figure that inovate's gauge is bad but the controller and signal still work.
pda914
If you are using a coil pack and two ignition control wires you may need to combine the two pulses into one that drives the tach. There are circuits described in the MegaSquirt literature on the web to do that. Each control wire will drive half the pulses ( assuming you are doing wasted spark).
falconfp2001
I just got a first VE table. I was right, it was trying to richen the mixture to much during idle. The autotune seems to think i always need more fuel. I drove it around the neighborhood and if I let it idle it seems to up my richness until the car is about to die. I have to keep shutting it down and then adjusting my table till the idle speed stabilizes. The 2.0L intake and TB work excellent. Seems to start off from a stop better and have more consistent pull as you open the throttle. The only thing now is to find a better ground for the O2 gauge as I think my ground point is erratic. If that doesn't work then I'll switch to AEM and send the innovate back.

I also have to mess with the IAC settings. When I turn the key to start it should fully open and I don't see the gauge changing to indicate that.
falconfp2001
QUOTE(pda914 @ Apr 7 2012, 12:21 PM) *

If you are using a coil pack and two ignition control wires you may need to combine the two pulses into one that drives the tach. There are circuits described in the MegaSquirt literature on the web to do that. Each control wire will drive half the pulses ( assuming you are doing wasted spark).

Using the stock ignition and coil for my tack signal. Its now showing correctly. Next week I'll install the EDIS setup.
falconfp2001
I still cannot set the expanded CLT temp range if someone can give me a clue on that I'd totally appreciate it.
falconfp2001
Any body else have problems with Innovate controller? I can't get mine to display the AFR while parked until I drive for about 2 to five minutes.
rwilner
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 7 2012, 03:23 PM) *

I drove it around the neighborhood and if I let it idle it seems to up my richness until the car is about to die.

The autotune will only function if your AFR readings are correct. I suspect your AFR readings are off and that's causing your issues.

What are your target AFRs? Post a screenshot of your table when you get a moment.
Ductech
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 7 2012, 01:01 PM) *

Any body else have problems with Innovate controller? I can't get mine to display the AFR while parked until I drive for about 2 to five minutes.

I Have a innovate lc-1 it takes roughly 20 seconds to show up on the tuning software, I dont have a gauge, I just datalog constantly. Your innovate controller has a setup program and I think that you can change up the output signals. You most likely would want to check your wiring to the gauge and verify that it's all setup correctly via the software. Also you need to make sure that the innovate is grounded to the same point as the megasquirt, and most likely the gauge should be grounded at the same point, thusly reducing noise and ground offset
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.