Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what are they worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
silverteener
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

so I bought this 73 2.0 with the appearance package for parts. I have the rims and bumpers off and a lot more parts but I was wondering what to sell these for. And should I sell them the way they are or should I polish them up myself before selling them. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Silverteener

falconfp2001
I've seen bumpers go for 350 each when prefect. If you don't want to put any effort into it I'd price to sell. Your rear bumper looks nice. With no dings and cleaned up some maybe 200. The front, not so much as it has tits.
falconfp2001
BTW, wish I had the money so I could offer on your rims. Those look at least 600 worth. If they have no curb rash and just need cleaning then I'd say more like 800 but if you don't know then that's why they have eBay.
Mikey914
I bought my set of 4 real fuchs for $250, maybe I got a great deal, butthey were in simular condition. You will find, polished ones will command the higher prices, but if you search, there are a few threads where guys have done it, and the last account I heard it took the guy 60 hours to restore his. I got a quote to have mine done and they just said time and materials, when I pressed further I was told it would be in the 125-175 per wheel. So if you want to put some elbow grease into the the $800 range is very realistic.
Just my experience

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=177561&hl=
Andyrew
Rear bumper could fetch some money if no dents and clean. Grab some chrome polish and go at it (I like Mothers in the white and red can)

Rear bumper, 150-400 depending on condition
front bumper 100-250 depending on condition

No clue on wheels..
mepstein
~$500 for wheels.
euro911
Most of the time, eBay prices are somewhat inflated, although it is one indicator of what a segment of the population will pay for something. I think a lot of eBay sellers and buyers just don't take the time to search out dedicated automotive forums (all makes and models), hence, we see over-priced cars and parts on eBay (as well as some 'other' parts seller's web sites).

I agree that if you spend a half hour cleaning up and polishing the bumpers you will have no will problem selling them quickly for a good price (+/- $200. ea.).

As for the tits ... there's plenty of folks that want bumpers with them.

I'd also clean up the rims a bit, but wouldn't burn a lot of calories polishing them. Many want the OEM look ... some want polished, some like them painted. Let the buyer decide what to do with them.

I agree that $500. ~ $600. for a set of clean OEMs with no curb rash is a reasonable asking price.
Elliot Cannon
Who's the dummy that mounted the license plate upside down? confused24.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
falconfp2001
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 7 2012, 12:43 PM) *

Who's the dummy that mounted the license plate upside down? confused24.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

The bumper is upside down.
euro911
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 7 2012, 01:02 PM) *
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 7 2012, 12:43 PM) *
The bumper is upside down.
screwy.gif I'm starting to worry about you Elliot slap.gif

Didn't you have a similar problem with a postage stamp being upside-down a while back confused24.gif

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.