Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New bottom tin = lower temps ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drdave427
I installed a new thermostat system (thanks to BDSTONE) and new bottom cooling tin yesterday - my car had none of this stuff when I got it - and took it for a pretty good test run and it warmed up faster and seemed to run a little cooler. It used to get to the "P" on the TEMP on the gauge and yesterday it would only go just a tick past half way. I was surprised at the difference. While I was under it putting the tin on I thought " this is going to make this engine run too hot" -- boy was I wrong. It looks like sealing the exhaust up with that tin would make things too hot !
I also installed a dual blower fan and hooked up the passenger side heat duct -- man what a difference that makes !! I actually can defrost the whole window now. That little blower blows twice as hard as my old one and I like the way it sits up top and is angled up to draw in fresher air.
SirAndy
Yepp, them engineers at Porsche did things for a reason ...
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.