Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My PCA region SUCKS!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
GaroldShaffer
Sent them a nice little article about the FFC04. Was told they would run it in the Sept issue news letter, nope didn't happen. Sent it again but heard nothing. Just got the Oct issue, yep you guessed it, NOTHING. My PCA region sucks! Bunch of Wine & Cheese #@!~#@#%$# finger.gif ar15.gif mad.gif alfred.gif

Oh, but there is nice three page story about PCNA show us you Porsche garage contest with a photo fo some guys place with his GT3 race car and twin turbo. What a bunch of :dhead:

Time to move to a new region that is NOT wine & cheese.

Sorry for the rant but they really piss me off!!!! chair.gif
Engman
Yep - tis too true in sooo many places - the wine and cheese crowd aka the wax and shine guys .

You like sooooo many of us here actually work on your cars internals, brakes, interior etc. These guys toss the keys to the local dealer or expensive wrench and do nothing much else to the car.

Thats why you hang out here -

BTW - I learned long ago that the same was true in this area. Bunch of snobs.

Hang in there - three weeks to go!!!!

Mark
seanery
sometimes it's only one person.

I talked to my pres and others on the board, all were cool with putting the FFC on the calendar along with info on the region's web page.

I sent the webmaster a little write up with info and a link, etc...he doesn't care about it, so it didn't make it on the calendar. headbang.gif

Most of the guys in the club, including new GT3 owners are very cool and actually like the little old teeners that show up... confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
This is not the only reason why they suck, just the topper for me. They have a "dive" of the month where you bring your car for dinner and meet other clubs members. Every month they ask for suggestions of new places to go. Every time I suggest a place closer to me (they are in South Bend/ Elkhart area) I get the same response, sorry that is to far to drive for dinner, WTF. It's ok for members in my area to drive out there, but they can't do the same finger.gif

I know of other members close to me that are not happy that 98% of the events held are in their back yard and 99% of those are truly Wine & Cheese parties. The only and I mean ONLY good thing is they AX. I honestly had one guy laugh at my car when I showed up for the AX at the tire rack last month. He wasn't laughing when my 1970 POS 914 VW/Porsche driven by a novice beat his 1988 911 by 2 secs. Anyway sorry for the rant, I'm done. biggrin.gif Time for a beer3.gif or two.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 1 2004, 10:29 PM)
Most of the guys in the club, including new GT3 owners are very cool and actually like the little old teeners that show up... confused24.gif

I can speak personally that this is true about CIR-PCA. Each time I showed up and the 'little green 914' wasn't around, I would get concerned questions - people wanting to know if I sold the car, or if it was broken, etc... Everyone wanted progress reports when it was down for an engine build.

Too bad your area has some of the :dhead: type of Porsche owners. Good thing you can smoke them up at the AX, and you have this place to hang out beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.