Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New rotors and pads....break-in procedure??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
All new OEM parts....what is the preferred method??

I have a auto-x school in 2 weeks and want them to work perfect right off the bat.........
fuch toy
Most pads that NEED beeding have a printed procedure in the box...are they race or street pads?

My Pagid Oranges needed me to do multiple stops from 80 mph down to 50, three or four times. Then there were some slow speed procedures as well.

I still had some caking issues at Willow Springs.....I don't think you will have many issues at an AX....unless it is a continuous lap format like they do at Irwindale....
Mueller
These are Pagid pads, but no bedding procedures, just normal R&R instructions...Street pads
Keith Sammons
blink.gif Mike - I was taught to use one of the practice sessions and just "drag" the pedal while going slowly in 2nd or 3rd gear for almost a lap, then when everthing was nice and hot, to do increasingly hard applications until you were lapping at 7-8/10ths. Always seem to work for me without glazing.

KK
Brad Roberts
Keith...

We want your 915. Scott is out of town right now until next Monday.

I spoke with Hayden today.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.