Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Temp gauge issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
Hi,

New oil temp gauge and sender, installed correctly. .all new parts including wiring. (Sender is the drain plug type)

Reads correctly. Suddenly, maxes out. Shut off car and restart-reads normally.

What is the issue?

Thanks
underthetire
Bad gauge IMO. The sender wouldn't change from a re start, but the gauge would.
mrholland2
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 8 2012, 02:41 PM) *

Bad gauge IMO. The sender wouldn't change from a re start, but the gauge would.

Now it is doing it all the time. . same diagnosis? I think I have an old gauge around, even if it isn't the same calibration, it might indicate gauge or sender?
Valy
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Apr 8 2012, 12:05 PM) *

Hi,

New oil temp gauge and sender, installed correctly. .all new parts including wiring. (Sender is the drain plug type)

What is the issue?

Thanks

Do you have a PN for that drain plug sender? I've been looking for one for a long time.
mrholland2
QUOTE(Valy @ Apr 8 2012, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Apr 8 2012, 12:05 PM) *

Hi,

What is the issue?

Thanks

Do you have a PN for that drain plug sender? I've been looking for one for a long time.

No, I don't. . it was an Evil Bay buy. . maybe a mistake.
underthetire
I've been running one for a couple years. Bug application. You have a short in the wire from the sender to the gauge if it does it all the time. Remove sender wire from gauge, make a jumper lead, and switch back and forth from ground to open. That will eliminate the gauge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.