Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Dukes of Hazzard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Today I was at Walmart looking for something to watch in the DVD section since it is pouring rain all day. And there it was: The Dukes of Hazzard, first season on DVD. I love that series. Riding around in the orange car, fightin the system. I am not really into American muscle cars, or country music and all that, but there is something about that series that I relate to. I remember when I was little, when that show was on TV, there was a black man who worked as a cook at my dad's resturaunt and he painted his car exactly like the General Lee. And it wasn't even a Dodge Charger! He must have connected with the show too.

BTW, in the first episode, they drive into a junk yard and there is a blue Karman Ghia in the yard.

IPB Image
scottb
just a good ol' boys
never meanin' no harm
beats all you ever saw
been in trouble with the law
since the day they was born

that show ruled.... all i remember as a young one was staring at daisy's back, front, oh and there was a car in there too as i recall. and some weird bastard named cooter....
smg914
When I lived in Atlanta, my wife worked with John Schnieder's mom (Shirley) at IBM. John used to come down from Tennesee to visit his mom. One time (back in the 80's)he drove down in his Ferrari and came to the IBM building. For whatever reason he asked my wife out to dinner but my wife told him that she only goes out with people that drive Porsche 914's.
smg914
She loves me because I own a 2 Liter 914-6. I don't have to worry about the 1.7 and 1.8 and 2 Liter four guys. But, there is always the constant threat of some guy coming along with a big 3 Liter and her dropping me like a lead caliper.
Trekkor
I watched that show all the time.
These guys were jumping there car over everthing...rivers, ditches, other cars and never needed a ramp...or body work. ohmy.gif

That show was crazy. remember all those fender shots with the wheels turning and bouncing up and down? cool_shades.gif

KT
Joe Bob
I just remember Daisy wit them short bloomers..... idea.gif
URY914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Oct 2 2004, 04:33 PM)
She loves me because I own a 2 Liter 914-6. I don't have to worry about the 1.7 and 1.8 and 2 Liter four guys. But, there is always the constant threat of some guy coming along with a big 3 Liter and her dropping me like a lead caliper.

Steve,
You and Janie have been married for how long?
And you own how may 914s?
And you have how much 914 junk?

If she hasn't left you by now she NEVER will.

Paul
smg914
I have to confess...
I've been lying to Jaine all these years.
When she asked me how big it was I told her it was a 3 Liter and she believed me.
Our relationship is built on trust and I hope she doesn't find out it's only 2.
URY914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Oct 2 2004, 07:27 PM)
I have to confess...
I've been lying to Jaine all these years.
When she asked me how big it was I told her it was a 3 Liter and she believed me.
Our relationship is built on trust and I hope she doesn't find out it's only 2.

Steve,
You may want to go back and edit that comment.
It just doesn't sound right. cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.