Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor Pan Protection - Por15 or other suggestions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larouex
I am close to having the floor pans all cleaned and down to bare metal. I am doing the trunk and the front pan with new metal.

My question is should I do a coat of Por15 and call it good? I will be working on the fenders and other stuff for a couple months after, so it will be likely July until I get in for paint.

I have seen other members treat the bottom and inside metals with Por15 and just wondered will that cause any issues when I take it to be primered and painted? Any other suggestions?

The car will be stored in a heated garage the whole time.

Larouex
peteyd
Larouex,

If the floor pan you are using is galvanized or galvanneal (just made through a different process), then you have nothing to worry about. Being in the garage will keep it dry and away from the elements.

I left some of my scrap galvanneal from the end of a steal coil outside for the whole winter, and there was no rust on it at all!

QUOTE(Larouex @ Apr 8 2012, 02:02 PM) *

I am close to having the floor pans all cleaned and down to bare metal. I am doing the trunk and the front pan with new metal.

My question is should I do a coat of Por15 and call it good? I will be working on the fenders and other stuff for a couple months after, so it will be likely July until I get in for paint.

I have seen other members treat the bottom and inside metals with Por15 and just wondered will that cause any issues when I take it to be primered and painted? Any other suggestions?

The car will be stored in a heated garage the whole time.

Larouex

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.