Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? size tire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
OK I'm a novice, I picked up a 70 914 with a lot of work needed. I also picked up what looks like Empi Interceptor 8 spoke 7x15 4 bolt wheels. There is no offset. The bolt plate is 4" from either end. Does anyone know what tire I can run with this setup? Currently there is stock springs (I think). But I may in the future put 140#ers on her. Your advice is appreciated. confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Teknon @ Oct 2 2004, 01:16 PM)
Your advice is appreciated.

hmm, i didn't even know they made them empi's in 7" wide ...
idea.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

oh, and welcome to the club! smilie_pokal.gif
Andy
Teknon
SirAndy, Don't know if this will post but here's a pic of the wheels.
dan10101
You sure thre 7's? If you can, measure the inside to inside of the wheel lip...

If indeedy they are 7's.. 205's should be ok.. Maybe need to roll the fenders a tad..
seanery
are those bug wheels?
bryanthompson
I watched a local parade on TV this morning and saw a VW Bug convertible with wheels that looked exactly like that. IANAE, tho.
Teknon
They measure eight inches across but are marked inside 7x15. I think they are Bug wheels but on the Empi site they only had 5.5's. I need to find centers for them too. It measure 3-5/8". That's pretty big.

I just talked with the guy at Big-O and Tuesday he's gunna put different tires on it until something fit. Yoko or Falkens.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Teknon @ Oct 2 2004, 03:18 PM)
Yoko or Falkens.

woohoo, 8" is mighty big for stock fender wells ...

i don't even know if 205s will be wide enough for 8" wheels. you don't want the tire to jump off the rim ...

8" will require some very creative "rolling" of the fenders to fit.
smash.gif Andy

PS: go with the falken azenis (sp?) !!!
Aaron Cox
agree.gif
my azenis's rock! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.