Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal PCA AX- Saturday October 23rd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
the day before the D&G swap (and like 20 miles away from the D&G swap) is the PCA riverside region's AX, at the Orange Show Grounds Parking Lot, Off of Arrowhead Drive, in San Bernadino, south of Mill Street. IPB Image

Brando gave me the following info:
*Signup time is between 7:30 and 8:00 AM
*from 8 to 2-ish
*usually get a good amount of laps in per person, 20 maybe more
*3 last times are recorded
*3 Driving Instructors will be there, usually to teach you about it
*it's safe, fun, and only $45 for the whole day
*breakfast is usually provided (donuts), and we take a break for lunch

The goal is to bring more teeners to this AX than any other porsche model (not hard when less than 20 vehicles show). Should be easy to do when its the day before a popular swapmeet 20 min away from the scene of the swap meet. comeon local guys..make this happen.
Brando
link to pictures from the last A-X:

http://abstract.ogsth.com/gallery/categori...s.php?cat_id=11
lagunero
I don't like the idea of not being able to support you guys but I have a good excuse on why I can't make it.
DrifterJay
I will be there...car or not... wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Oct 3 2004, 11:16 AM)
I will be there...car or not... wink.gif

Damn, I thought they shipped you off to Lower Sibera. Nice to see you're s till around.
Toast
I wonder if I could get there in my teener with my "89" tags without getting pulled over? idea.gif
burnout.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Toast @ Oct 4 2004, 08:56 AM)
I wonder if I could get there in my teener with my "89" tags without getting pulled over? idea.gif
burnout.gif

yeah..come on! will be mucho fun. cops just add excitement to your day!
Toast
Not if they take my teener away... sad.gif
Brando
i got '04 plates you can borrow. you gotta come get it at the A-X though, Toast smile.gif
mrmeade
I would like to attend this event. Do I need to have a helmet, a roll cage or any other modifications to my car?
Aaron Cox
i believe helmets may be available....but best case to borrow one from a buddy. and you need some cash. wink.gif
SLITS
Hey, someone tell Howard that a WCC2005 meeting the same day won't work real well.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 5 2004, 04:17 PM)
Hey, someone tell Howard that a WCC2005 meeting the same day won't work real well.

how about tell howard to gt his ass on the I-10 to this AX wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 5 2004, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 5 2004, 04:17 PM)

how about tell howard to gt his ass on the I-10 to this AX wink.gif

Naw, he'll whine to much about the long drive and the fact that it is being held in the ghetto/gay community.
Aaron Cox
if you go he'll show up just to rag your ass, let alone blow away your ax times old fart! yarg, mebbe he bring down the great white whale! (no slits, not your ex wife)!
Toast
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 5 2004, 07:44 PM)
yarg, mebbe he bring down the great white whale! (no slits, not your ex wife)!

Burrrrrrnnnnnnn!!! laugh.gif rocking nana.gif clap56.gif happy11.gif

I posted about the AX on the WCC forum for Howey.

We'll see about getting my car there.... blink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Toast @ Oct 6 2004, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 5 2004, 07:44 PM)
yarg, mebbe he bring down the great white whale! (no slits, not your ex wife)!

Burrrrrrnnnnnnn!!! laugh.gif rocking nana.gif clap56.gif happy11.gif

I posted about the AX on the WCC forum for Howey.

We'll see about getting my car there.... blink.gif

hope it works out! if worse comes to worse....im sure you can 'charm' your way outta a ticket rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Brando
QUOTE(Toast @ Oct 6 2004, 09:58 AM)
... We'll see about getting my car there.... blink.gif

Tags? you dont need no stinkin' tags!

Seriously, you can borrow my old plates... although questions may arise when the cops run the plates and see that it's a 1973 Karmann Ghia.. and not a Porsche 914... idea.gif
Howard
Rag me when I'm not here? You guys are Harsh!!!

Toast told me and I changed date for 2005 meet to 10/30. Be there, you dorks!

Will go to AX and run if Aaron and Ron show. Just want to see you guys in action with something besides your mouths beerchug.gif

Toast, I have a temp op permit (the red card thingy) for a 73 914. Moby is waiting for new plates. Lemme know and I get it to you.

As far as the inbred empire and gay bars, I know you all will protect me.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 6 2004, 09:42 PM)

Toast told me and I changed date for 2005 meet to 10/30. Be there, you dorks!

Will go to AX and run if Aaron and Ron show. Just want to see you guys in action with something besides your mouths beerchug.gif

Toast, I have a temp op permit (the red card thingy) for a 73 914. Moby is waiting for new plates. Lemme know and I get it to you.

thats the spirit! bring the suzi mobile. should be way fun.
Toast
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 6 2004, 09:42 PM)

Would you expect anything less of us? wink.gif

Oh, I see. You dont want to see me anymore. sad.gif

I'll PM you about the red tag. Thanks!

Hey, your on your own for protection. I have a hard enough time keeping them off of me! And you guys just cheer them on. :finger2:
JoeSharpOld
Toast: I tow everybodys cars. If you have your car running we can get it to the track.
Joe
Juniors_914
I wish I could go sad.gif.

-Junior
Toast
Why can't you go Jr.? confused24.gif

Thanks Joe, I will let you know. So I assume that means you are going?
JoeSharpOld
If I do nothing but cook hot dogs for the teeners I'll go. biggrin.gif
Joe
P.S. Jounior why arn't you going?
Juniors_914
because I work monday - saturday sad.gif And I havent had a chance to work on my car

-Junior
Aaron Cox
take a day off!

joe, you can take a few laps in my car driving.gif
Juniors_914
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 10 2004, 12:26 PM)
take a day off!

joe, you can take a few laps in my car driving.gif

I'll try. A few questions:

1)How much does it cost?

2)what are the requirements (i.e:helmet..etc)?

thank's

-Junior
Brando
Cost is $45. that covers you for the whole day smile.gif

Also, it is required when doing your runs that you have a Snell approved helmet and your car passes tech inspection. Read: Your battery is secured biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
are loaners available?
Brando
Not sure about loaner helmets. In our group there's usually one or two people who need to borrow because of alternating groups... but i doubt there would be enough for the amount of people expressing interest here. I would highly reccommend picking up a snell approved one from a motorcycle place for as littles as you can get. You dont absolutely have to spend lots of money... and helmets aren't exactly a one-time-use thing.

In fact, i may have to buy one soon.
Aaron Cox
1 week guys. sat the 23rd. see you guys there
AlexO
Is this a Porsche only thing? I'm stationed at Camp Pendlton and all I have here here is my Miata. The teener is broke in NY....
--Alex
Brando
All types of cars are encouraged to show. If you can bring your miata, please do!
AlexO
That's what i was hoping to hear. I'm in the same helmet situation, thats in NY too.

So anyone going from the San Diego area? It'd be nice to meet up and make the drive as a group. (I promise I'll keep the Miata in the back)

--Alex
monkeywrench
I plan to be there if I get my firewall bushing in and shifter all put back together.
MattR
Is anyone coming up from Irvine thats going to have an extra seat available for saturday?
Aaron Cox
T minus 1 and counting
Juniors_914
sad.gif I'm not going, I gotta work saturday and sunday mad.gif

-Junior
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Juniors_914 @ Oct 21 2004, 10:30 PM)
sad.gif I'm not going, I gotta work saturday and sunday mad.gif

-Junior

bummer....

1 mo day
ematulac
I wonder if the wife will give me a 2-day pass instead of just a 1-day pass...

I've never AX'ed before ... will there be a chance for the inexperienced to try the track? boldblue.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(ematulac @ Oct 22 2004, 07:58 AM)
I wonder if the wife will give me a 2-day pass instead of just a 1-day pass...

I've never AX'ed before ... will there be a chance for the inexperienced to try the track? boldblue.gif

ive never ax'd before either. show up and have some fun, beg borrow or steal a helmet quickly biggrin.gif
monkeywrench
Going to make it. My first autocros!!!!
Aaron Cox
mine too!

see you guys there
DrifterJay
wont be there...working at 8am...
Brando
it's fucking 2AM and i need more liquor wtf.

i'll try to be there at 8:30 AM. I feel really shitty and I might just meet you all then take off around 10:30 since I have to go open the shop at that time to take care of a customer. At least I'll get to meet most of you. I also wont be AX'ing since my rear shocks are blown, battery tray is toasted, and I'm poor. Most important is that all of you whome ACOCKS (and sort of me) invited and will have a fabulous time.

SEE YOU IN 6.5 HOURS :>
Aaron Cox
was a blast....!!! TTOC (top time of class)
AlexO
Crap! Got the date wrong, I thought it was tomorrow.... Oh well. See you guys next time.... sad.gif
--Alex
Brando
Aaron you did pretty good out there!

As did the rest of you who showed up. I wanted to tell all of you who participated, thank you again for being there and having fun! Don't worry about filling out those PCA pamphlets. If you want to show up just for the A-X, then just do that. More than anything, I liked seeing 7 914's and only 3 911's. Oh, and the mysterious, numberless Bleemer.

I also saw two of you with cameras... When do we get to see the pictures? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.