Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RICK & THE ALIEN ARE FAMOUS!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
This was very cool:

This morning I took my daughter to her soccer game in Byron Illinois, driving my V8. Right after I pull in, a very nice late 911 pulls in a few spots over, and the guy gets out an makes a B line for me. Turns out he was a couple cars behind me on my favorite twisty on the way to the game, and he could hear my car. He is all over how much he likes my car, and starts asking lots of questions about my conversion, when the following exchange takes place:

me: you seem like you have more than just a passing interest in 914s

911 guy: ya, I have been thinking alot lately about getting either a 914-6 or maybe a conversion

me: no kidding. Why lately?

911 guy: I saw an article in Excellence recently about a smoking 914 with a 928 engine in it, and it really got me thinking about 914's again.

me: That's funny, I know the owner. It is a great car.

911 guy: No, can't be. This car isn't from around here.

me: I know, it's from Minnissota. The guy who built it is Rick Ollah. I met him and saw the car in Michigan a couple months ago, and I hope to see him again in Indiana in a few weeks.

911 guy: Boy I'll tell ya, I have heard more talk about 914s since that article came out than I have in the last 15 years combined. I know a several guys who are looking for clean 914s right now. I'd really like to find a 6 or maybe build something.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

I of course then told him about this place and the FFC.

A while back when I offered to join a few others in funding Rick's plan to take the Alien to the next level, my chat with a complete stranger about my 914 was EXACTLY why. Rick has done something that makes all of our cars more valuable. People who haven't thought about 914's in 15 years are thinking about them now. Thanks Rick.

Plus, I felt like I knew Payton Manning. lol2.gif lol2.gif Rick is a celebrity. beerchug.gif aktion035.gif pray.gif clap56.gif

Rick, will you autograph my butt at the FFC? w00t.gif chairfall.gif
Joe Bob
Tell him you know a guy that has a chebbie 914 for sale...... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
This is how I really feel. This isn't all about me.

If it wasn't for Brad and the other admin's starting this site, the type of people that own 914's, and the encouragement I received to get this thing done and out to the WCC, my car would be just another unfinished plan in my head.

I'm the one that owes a debt here. Pete Stout had everything to do with what happened. His decision to post here and offer a chance for the club to submit a story is key. Yaroon's article could have been written entirely different. The fact is I owe all of you a thank you for your support and interest in my car. I so glad you found it an acceptable conversion. Do you guy's realize that the 928 is as dissed as our 914's? I've heard them called NARP's lots. I think the interest is helping the 928 community as much as our little group.

I am extemely pleased that we all are getting the reccognition that our little cars deserve. As I've stated before. My goal was to build a car Porsche should have and could have built. It needed to look like a 914 from the era. It was hard not to deveate from my vision. With all your encouragement I think I managed to stay the course.

Thanks guy's, lets ride this sucker for all it's worth!
gaz914
Well said Rick smile.gif

BUT that car of yours is AWESOME and an inspiration for us all.
If my little project is a tenth as good, I will be proud.

I am looking forward to a full Excellence feature on "The Alien". aktion035.gif

GAZ
seanery
it would be nice to have a good turnout of V8 cars here in Indiana in 3 weeks
thesey914
Can anyody scan the article of Ricks Excellence article for those of us in Europe?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 3 2004, 06:01 AM)
it would be nice to have a good turnout of V8 cars here in Indiana in 3 weeks

The car is still broken. I have the new belt but I'm torn about what to do. I have to pull the engine to change it. I hoped to rebuild it while it's out. If I tear it down I'm done for the year. Maybe I can bandaid it and trailer it down. I'll see what I can do.

The other obsticle, the company I work for still has suspended all vacations until further notice. I could be deployed to Florida any time. That's why I haven't commited.

Sorry, If I show it will be last minute. confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Oct 3 2004, 08:04 AM)
Can anyody scan the article of Ricks Excellence article for those of us in Europe?

This is not my article. The article was about the First West Coast 914 Classic. It was a three day event Organized by Jeff Bowlsby and several other members here. The event started with a warm up breakfast on Friday morning. then a cruise through some of the coolest roads ever to a photo opt with 70 sumthing 914's at Mazda's Laguna Seca Raceway, A cool parade Lap around the track, a twisty road tour to Monteray and Carmel's 17 mile drive, Saturday started with an unbelievable Auto Cross at Candle Stick Park organized By Demick and Rob. Sunday concluded with a All Porsche Show & Shine on Sunday Brad graced us with the honor of seeing a vary rare 914 and we had an great awards presentation.

Jeroen won the contest put on by Editor Pete Stout. Some of the photo's were member contributions. It is true My car is mentioned and there is a few photo's of the Alien. If you can't find a copy of the October Exellence PM me. I purchased several copies and I can mail you one. I won't scan it. Pete nicely asked us not to do that. The material is copy righted. biggrin.gif
thesey914
Understood Rick, thanks for the offer (I'd feel bad eating into your collection)
I think Excellence is available from Pelican- can you tell me whats on the front cover?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Oct 4 2004, 12:36 AM)
can you tell me whats on the front cover?

The article about the WCC is in the October issue.

The very top line reads "Market Update: 911 Turbo & 912".
The main text on the cover is "Porsche's New 911, does it live up to the legend?".
There is a big photo of a red 911.
The two small photos on the bottom are of four 356 Speedsters and a shot of a blue Ruf Turbo.
Jeroen
Theysey,

The october issue should still be available in the stores here in Europe
Or you can go to the Excellence website and order a back issue
http://www.excellence-mag.com

cheers,

Jeroen
Thorshammer
Anyone have a 928 motor for use by Rick, so he can get back on the road?

Erik
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.