914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Today I
1) installed the new OEM hood seal I bought
2) replaced all 4 injectors with rebuilt units
3) replaced all the fuel hose while I was at it
4) Test drive driving.gif

What was your project?

Next up.... re-fresh the SE front spoiler I got and install it!
URY914
Finished up a few things and loaded it on the trailer for tomorrows autox.
ThinAir
Put the steering column back together and wired in new ignition switch. Haven't put the fuses back in or tried to start it yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll give that a shot.
GaroldShaffer
Put gas in it and went for a driving.gif clap56.gif
McMark
Swapped my 72-and-earlier-only Pedrinis off of my 73, (oops) and put on some steel wheels so I can go to the breakfast tomorrow. Also painted my fender wells black (color change car). Whoop-ti-do. cool.gif
Brett W
I built a cart for my welder and bottle

I timed two different cams in a friends motor. I'll be having a conversation with debbie on Monday.

BOught some tools at a Harbor freight store

Pushed my teener around and did a little consulting about the race car plans.

Stared at the damage some dumb ass did to my other race car. I should kill him, but I didn't.
SirAndy
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Oct 2 2004, 07:51 PM)
What was your project?

spend 914+ minutes in front of the puter ( type.gif ) because i have a software delivery deadline for monday morning and i'm not even half way done on a project that normally would take a whole team about 2 weeks.

more redbull for me!
beer3.gif Andy
rick 918-S
No teener work yet today. But I installed gable trim and windows on the bunk house addition.
rick 918-S
and watched this sunset! coool!
TheCabinetmaker
I drove my car to Hallett Raceway and spent the day on the grid. Here's a few shots. 914's kicked 911 butt today! mueba.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Working the grid was too cool
TheCabinetmaker
opps shit!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 2 2004, 07:51 PM)
Working the grid was too cool

Man! I want to do that! clap56.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Yeah, i got to start the race and send all the cars out. I felt like the king!!!!
iamchappy
Installed a smaller restrictor in the oil feed to the turbo, went for a test drive.
scruz914
I've been working on cleaning up the wiring under the dash. Primarily wiring to the stereo and center console gauges. The PPO had a lot of wires going nowhere, kind of like the Winchester Mystery House. wacko.gif Pulled all the stereo componets off. Surprised to find an amplifier. Soldered and crimped new wiring and connectors, including cross overs (??? I don't know, they were there). All of that new wiring is now hanging over my drill press because I couldn't avoid the dreaded scope creep.

So this "little" project was/is one of those: open one thing, find something else to do, go fix it, find something else to do, etc., etc., etc....... wacko.gif

So I concentrated on the passenger side, and the console housing. After I pulled the stereo wiring and componets, I saw the the console housing was falling apart at the back, plus the carpet under the console etc, was freying, plus the seat rails were gummy with old grease, plus, all of the nooks and cranies needed vacuming, plus, plus, plus... I think you get the picture. Good news is that the engine and transmission were not touched. With a strong will my "clean up the wiring" project will not end up as a pull the engine project. rolleyes.gif

So, with the grace of God, tomorrow I will have everything back together so I can drive the car to work on Monday!!!

-Jeff
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Oct 2 2004, 08:00 PM)
Installed a smaller restrictor in the oil feed to the turbo, went for a test drive.

Did you get the oiling problem solved yet? How do you like that sunset!
Trekkor
Went out to Sears Point again to show somebody a 914 project car on a trailer.

Watched the motorcycle/sidecar racing for a while.

Had a nice drive home.

Car runs great.

KT
BMartin914
Drove south for a a visit...

Found out the flower pot car was still there, and not turned into a flower pot. Property owner said I could have whatever I wanted. Inspected, found a solid pss side susp. console and called my buddy..picking it up next week...

Then sawzall-smiley.gif

Only bad part -- pulled a great condition euro spec tail light off of it to replace my cracked one, then dad steps on it and destroys it headbang.gif
Joseph Mills
Did a valve adjustment folowing a mileage break in with my new heads.

Hooked up the heat on the driver's side for winter (no flapper boxes). My climate control consists of rolling windows up or down and or removing the top! Simple! biggrin.gif

Washed the car and put on the kumhos and numbers. Sparky is ready for tomorrows AX. First one in 5 months - it will be the first time out to try the new close ratio 3rd (5th/3rd swap)rolleyes.gif

Helmet bag is laying in the passenger's seat. Life is good. biggrin.gif
JB 914
Bought a bunch of tools at Sears.

Replaced my BestBuy RoosterTail ™ Tranny Mounts with Solid Tranny Mounts and all new hardware

Replaced the additional breather that PO had installed with an actual PCV

Removed zip tie holding piece of shop towel from PCV connection on aircleaner and installed actual hose to the PCV

Removed cable that had self welded to muffler and was loose on the alternator connection. installed new wire from Alternator to battery.

Still burping the cooling system.

Gonna go for a little test drive on Sunday driving.gif
jr91472
Drove my car.....been too long
scruz914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 2 2004, 07:50 PM)
and watched this sunset! coool!

That is one nice sunset!

Us West coasters get to see something similar, but I have to admit, there is nothing like a Midwest sunset any time of the year! mueba.gif

-Jeff
nebreitling
put the car on ramps with every intention of adjusting the valves.

went to the SF Love Parade with all the freaks instead. (electronica party/fest)
J P Stein
QUOTE(joseph222 @ Oct 2 2004, 08:33 PM)

Helmet bag is laying in the passenger's seat. Life is good. biggrin.gif

Heh,heh, mine too.

Put in 3 gallons of super, dicked around with the air pressure....I think I've been going the wrong way.
Took the car out of a drive to get it's juices flowing.....mine too.

I love the smell of AX in the morning:D
markb
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Oct 2 2004, 09:01 PM)

So this "little" project was/is one of those: open one thing, find something else to do, go fix it, find something else to do, etc., etc., etc....... wacko.gif

This is called dirkwright's disease. Unfortunately, it's not cureable. laugh.gif
nine14cats
I played with my 3.6 motor, pulling off all of the stuff I won't need.

Got it down pretty far...almost ready....

Bill P.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Oct 2 2004, 11:52 PM)
I played with my 3.6 motor, pulling off all of the stuff I won't need.

i hate you ...

biggrin.gif Andy
nine14cats
happy11.gif

beer3.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 2 2004, 11:17 PM)
Put gas in it and went for a driving.gif clap56.gif

That's exactly what I did.
I went 38 miles in about 26.5 minutes, in traffic. burnout.gif
The champagne is gonna taste real good. lol2.gif

Rick, that sunset is awesome. BTW, my folks grew up up north, near Blackduck.
seanery
I woke up at 7:06 screaming which freaked out the dog. I had one of the worst leg cramps I've ever had. It was so bad I really couldn't move around yesterday and stayed on the couch almost the whole damn day sad.gif
qa1142
A bannana a day will keep those craps away!

rocking nana.gif
Bleyseng
Put the new to me Black driver seat in....then went for a nice drive..

Monique starts talking about me gettinga six! Hmmm, I think I should lookin.

Geoff
seanery
hey man, what's the deal with your (lack of) avatar?
rezron
I hired a crane to set my attic trusses on my new
3 stall garage/shop I'm building. I'm hoping it truns out
nice- in floor heat, 11 1/2 ft. ceilings, attic up above, etc.
Once I get this all wrapped up I can get serious about my
914! biggrin.gif

rezron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.