Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help-Turn signal issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
Help-When I put the turn signal switch together on the roll pins and hook up the wires in the back, and then turn the signal, a fuse pops (#9 fuse).

When I take the pieces apart, but still have them hooked up to the wires, the turn signals function, no fuse issues.

Is there a roll pin that is touching something it shouldn't?

Anyone else run into this issue?
Tedman5
QUOTE(PBC914 @ Apr 9 2012, 02:46 PM) *

Help-When I put the turn signal switch together on the roll pins and hook up the wires in the back, and then turn the signal, a fuse pops (#9 fuse).

When I take the pieces apart, but still have them hooked up to the wires, the turn signals function, no fuse issues.

Is there a roll pin that is touching something it shouldn't?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Having exact same issue. Tonight I'm gonna try just isolating all metal to metal possibilities with elec tape and will report back. My suspicion on my issue is that a contact point on the right side of the switch assembly is touching the screws that hold the ignition key assembly housing together. From the looks of it a less than average electrician got hold of my car at some point.
Tedman5
No such luck. I have the Euro parking lamp working, running light, and turn signal. But when the headlights are on I got nothing. Plus both filaments are burning which is not correct so I'm drawing power from something else. Think I'm gonna start again with a new turn signal cluster. Its pretty ratty looking and has been soldered improperly.
I'm also considering it may be in the headlight switch. haven't checked yet. Only so many hours in the day! LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.