Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What tool do I use?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Working on the 3.6 today getting it ready for it's new home.

Anyone know what tool to use to remove the pulley on the crank?

Does anyone know the part number?

Check the pic out....

Thanks,

Bill P.
McMark
I've never done it, but looks like there's threads on either side for a steering wheel puller type deal.
Trekkor
You may be able to find a three jaw puller that will fit over the pulley.

You can rent them.

KT
nine14cats
Actually,

I need the wrench/tool that holds the pulley from moving while I remove the bolt that holds the pulley...

I've got several bearing pullers that I can use.

I didn't ask the right question...let me try to fix the thread and the question.
McMark
Well in keeping with the tradition of knowledge-less answers, how about this... BF impact gun?
skline
agree.gif

That is what I would use, an impact gun like you would use for wheel lug nuts. Works like a charm.
nine14cats
I have an impact gun. How do I hold the crank from turning over?..that's the problem I have right now....

Bill P.
Trekkor
Likely, the gun will use sharp quick blows that will have the bolt off before the pulley will turn.

KT
iiibdsiil
Sometimes the lower quality guns won't do it. Not enough bang usually. The Snap-On and IR ones do though. You can try just keeping the impact going for longer, sometimes it takes a little bit. Maybe you can stop the crank from the back of the motor? Screwdriver in the flywheel?
Trekkor
So, I guess you might need a flywheel lock?

Show us a pic of the back of the motor.

KT
nine14cats
I have 2 flywheel locks...one of them is specifically for the engine....and the engine stand...and they don't fit for some reason. I could try the screwdriver trick...but it doesn't sound "clean".....

I'll try the impact gun tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.