Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBay 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Bidding just ended on a nice silver 914-6.

The bidding went up to $42,100, and the reserve was not met. These sort of numbers do make me think that perhaps some of these cars are getting valuable!

Lennies914
w00t.gif

That's gotta make ya feel good George.
GeorgeRud
I've owned that car since 1977 and drove it to and from my wedding. I think I'll hang on to both the car and my wife, they've both proven to be good things to have around!
sixnotfour
ya my Dad bought his -6 for $3250 in 77
6freak
Earl K payed $8700 brand new ...Stew owns the car now...If i told ya what i payed for mine you would all beat my ass lol-2.gif I will not disclose that info ! for someday a may want to sell it
smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 9 2012, 07:24 PM) *

The bidding went up to $42,100, and the reserve was not met. These sort of numbers do make me think that perhaps some of these cars are getting valuable!

How does a car that didn't sell make yours any more valuable? confused24.gif
GeorgeRud
The fact that this car generated this sort of bids tells that some folks are interested in these cars (other than those on this list).

Early 911s are going through the roof, and perhaps are dragging the 914-6s along for the ride. I think it may also be that investors are looking at old cars as an alternative to other investments as banks, CDs, bonds, etc. are paying no real returns these days.

You are right however, until it's actually sold, it's only talk!
scotty b
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 10 2012, 11:38 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 9 2012, 07:24 PM) *

How does a car that didn't sell make yours any more valuable? confused24.gif

Just because the owner had 500,000.00 on the car doesn't mean it isn't worth 42,000.00 The fact is at least 2 people felt it was worth north of 41,000.00 so that is the cars value. confused24.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 10 2012, 02:09 PM) *
The fact is at least 2 people felt it was worth north of 41,000.00 so that is the cars value. confused24.gif

Only *if* those bids were legit and the bidders actually intended to buy the car.

Unless it actually sold, none of this really matters ...
popcorn[1].gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 10 2012, 05:53 PM) *

The fact is at least 2 people felt it was worth north of 41,000.00 so that is the cars value. confused24.gif

Only *if* those bids were legit and the bidders actually intended to buy the car.

popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif

T
scotty b
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 10 2012, 01:53 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Point taken. I have a bad habit of assuming E-bay is on top of the fraudulent bidding, but I should know better slap.gif

Can non bidders view the bidding results ? I know I have before as a bidder when I thought something was up dry.gif
Dustin
You should be able to go to the auction then click on the bids. It should show you the bid history. The bidders will be anonymous though.

Even if 1 was shill bidding, it looks like there were a lot of people interested in this car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.