Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 reverse or back up light switch in tranny.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
nsr-jamie
Hi, looking for a good used back up or reverse light switch for my 914...the switch that controls the back up lights when you put the car in reverse, I need affordable shipping to Japan as well. Please email or PM me, thank you.
JeffBowlsby
I have it new Jamie...want it? Say $75 +shipping?
euro911
Not a bad price for new. When I was looking a couple of years ago, couldn't find a new one for less than $85. dry.gif
davesprinkle
Hey Jamie, in succession I purchased 3 of these new, and had two of them fail immediately, with torn internal seals that caused leaks. The 3rd one didn't leak, but it also fails to make a reliable connection. Whether or not the lights actually turn on is random, with a bias toward NOT. Frustrating. Maybe a bad design, more likely poor manufacturing of the late switches.
luskesq
You should check out the condition of the cam follower (pin) 901-303.017.01 if replacing the switch also Jamie. They are known to wear down so even though the switch is okay, it isn't long enough to properly active. Also, they are relatively inexpensive (under $10.00) although I understand that some folks make their own.

Keith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.