Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AX - Zephyrhlls, FL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I met Paul at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport for an AX. This was the first AX that Paul has entered since he installed the flares and ran the new 2" wider wheels. I'll let Paul describe the 4 passes and I'll just post the pics.

BTW, great job Paul. smilie_pokal.gif

1 of 5
watsonrx13
Paul in the staging area

2 of 5
watsonrx13
Paul at the starting point

3 of 5
watsonrx13
Paul launching the car

4 of 5
watsonrx13
Paul tripping the timing light at the finish

5 of 5
spare time toys
Nice smilie_pokal.gif Looks like a blast biggrin.gif
machina
that thing looks awesome, super low and super wide.

its good to see the car all together and running. beerchug.gif
URY914
Thank you for that fine introduction Rob.

I don't have a public relations dept like RacerChris does ( smile.gif ) but I'll discribe my runs.

I could say I set the FTD and was carried of the track by the fans but,.... not true.

Run #1. I couldn't believe the difference in the feel of the car. VERY stable. But the engine was breaking up at the top end. So I could have done better.

Run #2. Engine now on full song, but got a little loose on the return section. Slower time than the first time.

Run #3: Was hauling ass on the first section and missed a gate and went OC. :

Run #4: Spun but boy was I having fun biggrin.gif

I was about fourth fastest overall with only one clean run. I have a long list of excuses why I wasn't faster. biggrin.gif

It was good to see T.C. and Rob and Robin, Rob's wife.
Thanks for the pictures.
I will do better next time,

Paul
Joe Ricard
So Rob, when ya gonna bring that new Miata to the Autocross.

Paul sounds pretty familiar. Staying on course and not spinning out really helps with the times. But what do I know I have only 3 event under my seat. wacko.gif
URY914
Like they say "You need to know your limits"

Well I found my limits, problem is I exceeded them. rolleyes.gif

Paul beer.gif
smg914
Sorry you didn't quite meet your expectations today a the auto-X. Sorry I wasn't able to attend today. I went to the Tampa Bay Bucs game instead and they didn't meet their expectations either. Denver 16 - Tampa 13. Ohhhhhh and four............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.