Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Headers (Picture Request)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
So, I installed the headers on a stockish 1973 and found out the shift linkage needs a bit of adjustment. Once installed you cant actually get any gears to work because the pipe is pressed against the linkage. Chris told me you actually need to mark the linkage where it hits and remove the rod to hammer the area. I probally should have know this, but, smoke.gif you know how i follow instructions

Does anybody have pics of how they hammerd the rod , possibly a pic of where you have made clearance. Just want to get the idea of the end goal

Thanks
smoke.gif
ChrisFoley
I have three customer cars here right now with Tangerine Headers installed.
One has a Wevo 915 trans, one has a Hewland trans and one has my new shift linkage kit installed, so I cant even take a picture for you.
I never thought of taking a picture the times we've done it here since it seemed like a pretty minor detail.

This pic shows approximately where the interference occurs, right at the bend in the rod. Just pull the rod out and hammer it on the side closest to the header. Then reinstall it. If it doesn't clear, flatten it some more. Just don't change the overall shape or your shifting may be affected.
Click to view attachment
jsayre914
Here is the final fit. I did a little, installed, little more, installed, finally little more.

3 test fits and a bunch of hammering. waddyathink
ChrisFoley
If it shifts it fits. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 13 2012, 01:28 PM) *
waddyathink

fugly ... icon8.gif
Randal
Mine came out OK smile.gif

Click to view attachment

jsayre914
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 13 2012, 08:06 PM) *

dry.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 13 2012, 07:21 PM) *

dry.gif

You got a picture of the shift rod after installation?
rwilner
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 13 2012, 08:21 PM) *

dry.gif

Joe
That pic is of Chris' shift linkage upgrade, not a fit-up stock linkage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.