70-914nut
Click to view attachmentIs this right? 1970 914 front brake
type47
No, you need this clip: 911.352.951.00_brake_spring
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
wrong clip maybe ??
Eric_Shea
Wrong clip definately. Rock Auto probably listed it as the correct clip but... biggrin.gif
70-914nut
are they the same as the rear? I have another set that look like rear clips buy they wont stay in too short. Eria do you have front ones available? Im tired of paying for the wrong ones.
70-914nut
Anyone have a set of front clips laying around? Ill buy them.
maf914
I thought the clip looked unusual. I don't have a car handy, but I checked a Haynes manual and the clip it shows is definately different and is what I recall is on my car.
TheCabinetmaker
I just pulled the front wheels from a car this morning and because of this thread I looked at the clips. Well, I'll be damned! there were the same clips as his. They fit perfectly and hold the pads just fine. Its just a different design. I've seen several of the OE clips that have come apart at the "rivet" point and some that have even broken in half. This looks like a better design than the OE and should last longer. I say use them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.