Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 1.8L Oil Breather Hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
timothy_nd28
The one hose I need, wasn't included in the AA vacuum hose kit. Mine is pretty rough, and has many cracks. The car is a 74 1.8L Ljet

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pilothyer
Hey Tim.....I am thinking that hose should have been included in the kit. It is a very important hose because it will cause quite a vacuum leak if it is not a perfect seal end to end. The L-Jet system suffers terribly with any vacuum leak. I would try to source a suitable piece from your local auto parts store for now untill George at AA can help you get one.
GaroldShaffer
Call Brad Mayuer at 309-694-1797 as he may have these in stock.
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Apr 11 2012, 02:50 PM) *

Hey Tim.....I am thinking that hose should have been included in the kit. It is a very important hose because it will cause quite a vacuum leak if it is not a perfect seal end to end. The L-Jet system suffers terribly with any vacuum leak. I would try to source a suitable piece from your local auto parts store for now untill George at AA can help you get one.

I can't remember what size metric hose that is, either 20 or 22mm, but no, it wasn't included in the AA kit. After calling around, no one has such locally. I did buy some 7/8" rubber hose from the local hose/fitting company. 7/8" is not even close, too much play. Plus they charged me 60.00 for 2' of this rare hose. We'll not exactly, I bought 2 feet of one style 7/8" hose, and 2' of another style hose. The second style seemed to be abit more flexable. So 60 bucks for 2 sections of 2' 7/8" hose. Seemed very salty at that time. Even more frustrating when I got home, and it didn't fit right.

So, I'm fine with buying used. Plus this hose has a preformed bend to it, that you can't seem to replicate from buying straight sections of hose.
Black914_4
60 bucks for 2 sections of 2' 7/8" hose

Holly crap! blink.gif

What store did you go to? I don't think I spent that much for all my vac and gas hoses.
Valy
The hose is NLA. If you find a source, buy 2 and I'll take the other one from you on the spot.

Here is what I did and works perfectly:
1. Get 2 90deg 3/4" plastic elbows from Home Depot, Lowes, you name it
2. Get 3/4" rubber hose
3. Cut one side of one elbows as short as reasonably possible. This is the side that will be closest to the big rubber boot.
4. The fit is tight. Try to cut the hose inner lip to 45deg and use soap to fit them on the 22mm mounting lips.
Result:
IPB Image
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(Valy @ Apr 11 2012, 03:36 PM) *

The hose is NLA. If you find a source, buy 2 and I'll take the other one from you on the spot.

Here is what I did and works perfectly:
1. Get 2 90deg 3/4" plastic elbows from Home Depot, Lowes, you name it
2. Get 3/4" rubber hose
3. Cut one side of one elbows as short as reasonably possible. This is the side that will be closest to the big rubber boot.
4. The fit is tight. Try to cut the hose inner lip to 45deg and use soap to fit them on the 22mm mounting lips.
Result:
IPB Image

Very clever!
914runnow
"The hose is NLA. If you find a source, buy 2 and I'll take the other one from you on the spot."
Me Three!! chowtime.gif The Uber Unobtanium 'S' hose for 1.8......
(they do cut down a bit,but only so far)...!! blink.gif
Valy
QUOTE(tim_nd @ Apr 11 2012, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(pilothyer @ Apr 11 2012, 02:50 PM) *

I can't remember what size metric hose that is, either 20 or 22mm, but no, it wasn't included in the AA kit. After calling around, no one has such locally. I did buy some 7/8" rubber hose from the local hose/fitting company. 7/8" is not even close, too much play. Plus they charged me 60.00 for 2' of this rare hose. We'll not exactly, I bought 2 feet of one style 7/8" hose, and 2' of another style hose. The second style seemed to be abit more flexable. So 60 bucks for 2 sections of 2' 7/8" hose. Seemed very salty at that time. Even more frustrating when I got home, and it didn't fit right.

So, I'm fine with buying used. Plus this hose has a preformed bend to it, that you can't seem to replicate from buying straight sections of hose.

If you're feeling adventurous, take the hose to a FLAPS near you and ask them to match it. I could only find a 90degree elbow for $30
type47
My guess is that this hose is N 020.344.1 in the PET 114-05 and is 20 x 2,5 which I think is 20cm long by 2.5cm probably ID
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.