Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: HTML or Java applet needed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I am developing a web page that has a form.

On this form I need to load an image file (.jpg or .gif). I want an applet that will allow me to draw on the image and then print what I draw on it when I print the page.

For example, if I had a page that had a picture of a Map of the U.S., I want to take the mouse and draw on the map and have the image and marks draw when I print the web page.

I don't need to change the image, the drawing is just temporary.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Sorry to post it HERE
SirAndy
java-applet is the way to go. you've got all you need in there, loading the background image, mouse control, drawing functions.

only thing i'm not sure about is the browser-based printing. a java-applet get's it's own GDC (device context), the browser *should* capture that for printing, but some might not ...

here's a interactive java banner i did for SUN, try and see if you can print it out (takes a while to load) ...

http://www.yakatus.com/bi7/

wink.gif Andy
mercdev
the US Postal Service uses a java app for their Click-n-Ship label application (barcodes and all), and Java can handle everything you want to do no probs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.