Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Members in Severe weather areas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Hoping all the members of this board that live in the areas that have been pounded by severe weather, that they and their families are ok and you survive this very bad weather. flag.gif
need4speed
Amen to that
Lawrence
The car is fine.. thanks for checking. smile.gif MDB2.gif
tryan
we had a little high water.
tryan
sure was pretty when the sun came out.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(tryan @ May 8 2003, 12:21 PM)
sure was pretty when the sun came out.

LOL

Actually, a tornado just passed thru my town with possibly more on the way. I may be off line for awhile ph34r.gif
rick 918-S
I received an email from my supervisor. I may be assigned to help settle losses. The company I work for has alot of policy holders throughout the middle of the country. I will be sent is as relief for the people already dispached.
jimtab
Hope all is well with the teeners in the twisters...are the earthquakes out here sounding any better. LOL
Lawrence
That picture looks like the view from my apartment this morning!

It's gorgeous out today... definately 914 weather.

-Rusty
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(jimtab @ May 8 2003, 11:24 PM)
Hope all is well with the teeners in the twisters...are the earthquakes out here sounding any better. LOL

What? Can't hear you over the roar of the train. Wait a minute, that's not a train! ohmy.gif

I've grown up around tornados - you actually do kinda get used to them (to a degree). The one we had last night was an F4 (the highest rating is an F5 - in 1998 we had one beyond F5 - it was very destructive).

This one is small, but severe. 36k without electrical, I-40 & I-35 shut down, hundreds of homes destroyed. GM plant demolished (if you ordered a Blazer recently, you may want to re-think). Not the biggest tornado, not the smallest, just another in a row.

Unfortunately, about a hundred people are hospitalized - fortunately, no reports of death - at this point. Injuries are greatly reduced these days because of technology and early warning systems.

Of course, 50 year old trees, buildings, landmarks, and 28 year
old 914's have no place to go. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.