Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: your porsche "shrine"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
so, is there a place in your house (other than your garage) that is dedicated to porsche??

i just got a digital camera, so ill post a picture of my little nook in my room that is full of porscheness...so show me yours!
thesey914
But Dude, its a VW biggrin.gif
I LOVE that 914 chair

(BTW is that yellow model a Bora?)
bryanthompson
Sweet chair!! I soo want one! monkeydance.gif
i love porsche
nope..the yellow one is actually a ferrari 512 BBI
thesey914
Ahhh a Berlinetta boxer flat 12 rolleyes.gif
Whats the red one on the far left a TT, BMW or a Beetle?
i love porsche
m3 convertible...

a beetle??
Eric Taylor
How do you like the 914 chair? I've got all the goods to make one, just wonder, what's it like to sit in?
Eric
Aaron Cox
i have a good seat...need a base. wink.gif
thesey914
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Oct 4 2004, 09:49 PM)
a beetle??

biggrin.gif well you never know....you might've been a hairdresser
i love porsche
the chair is great...really comfy...if youre gonna make one, id suggest getting a base that leans back..and armrests that screw in through the bottom that are sturdy..mine wobble..and the chair doesnt lean back..but its really comfy otherwise...and make sure you balance it right, you dont want to go over!

aaron: i found my base and armrests in the garbage!...if you cant find one..go to an office store, and buy a junky chair for 30 or so bucks and just use the b ase from it
phantom914
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 4 2004, 01:25 PM)
i have a good seat...need a base. wink.gif

Aaron,

I have a base from an office chair. Let me know if you want it (free).

Andrew
seanery
I built one out of an Ikea chair.
It had tilt and whatnot. Works really well over 3 years old now.

Finding the right base is key.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Oct 4 2004, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 4 2004, 01:25 PM)
i have a good seat...need a base.  ;)

Aaron,

I have a base from an office chair. Let me know if you want it (free).

Andrew

hell yes!

pm on the way!!!!
spare time toys
What about the guards red throne room pain30.gif w00t.gif
spare time toys
The guards red throne room
Jeroen
Untill last week mine was right in the living room
Something like 50 modelcars (1:43 scale), several throphies and other special memorabelia
The cabinets had to go to make room for the new couch though (which is f-ing HUGE and very comfy biggrin.gif)
So they won't be back 'till we get a new house

Come to think of it... I don't think there's a room in the house where you won't find anything porsche related rolleyes.gif
I've got a very forgiving wife wub.gif
markb
QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Oct 4 2004, 01:18 PM)
Sweet chair!! I soo want one! monkeydance.gif

I had 2 of them for sale at GAF & didn't get much interest. <_<
Rusty
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 5 2004, 02:52 AM)
Come to think of it... I don't think there's a room in the house where you won't find anything porsche related.

Yup... same here. smile.gif

Someone was posting about their hat collection... I must have about 30 Porsche/Rennlist/914Club/MUSR hats in boxes around here, so I understand that obsession. I keep a few on display, sometimes I rotate them out. A couple of them are sealed in plastic - I'll save my 50 Jahre de Porsche hat and sport it when I'm 80-something for their 100th anniversary.

My new prize is a piece of laser etched crystal, on a lit, rotating base. I had it made in Kuwait. It's a 4x6 piece of crystal, about an inch thick. In the *middle* of the crystal, I had an image of my 914-6 burned (etched? fired?)

The stand glows blue... so the car glows blue inside the glass. They could do 3d images, but required the physical object in their studio to make it happen.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to take a decent photo of the crystal.

-Rusty smoke.gif
mikerose
This is what is in the back room by the PC.
I have more at work

Mike
i love porsche
are those all 1/43?
bob91403
Aaron, what is the line drawing of hanging on the wall?
mikerose
Yes, they are all 1/43
i love porsche
there are two..you cant see the other, its on the opposite wall,

its one of 8 views of a 3 wheel car that i designed in my drafting class, senior year in highschool, i want to go into automobile engineering..so for my 4th year, i decided to design that, i have the pictures scanned in if you guys want to see pics of it i can post them, i did 8 drawings, 5 elevations, 2 (that are hanging on my wall) are 2 elevations with the mechanics superimposed into the drawing with a different color lead, and a perspective view, i also built a clay model, and brazed together a scale tubeframe model, which i also modeled in 3d studio vis
bob91403
Interesting, have you looked at the TriMagnum? If not, do a search, it's too cool. I want to build one so bad. I'd like to make a hybrid version. Goldwing rear end, two electric motors up front. Gas engine for highway speeds and charging, regenerative braking, batteries and electrics for surface streets. I want to use a jet fighter kind of joystick grip to both, bias steer, and accelerate with the electrics. The nice thing about three wheels is it only has to pass the restrictions of a motorcycle. Mid Engine Too.
i love porsche
ill post some scans of copies of the drawings (so theyre poor quality) for you guys if you want, i also tried some modeling of it in 3d studio vis
i love porsche
nother view
i love porsche
nother
i love porsche
perspective view
i love porsche
computer model
i love porsche
clay model
i love porsche
tubeframe model that i welded
i love porsche
last one, the computer model of the tubeframe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.