Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much is an original 914-6 2.0 worth - seized up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtbr_mark
Just like the post says, I have an original 1970 914-6 2.0 that seized during a build. The oil tank was plumbed backwards so the motor ran for a minute without oil then locked up. We're guessing that the crank and bearings are locked up. What would be a fair price to sell this engine to someone for that wants to rebuild it for a project that they're doing? The engine has about 45k miles. Any help would be great! Thanks everyone.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mtbr_mark @ Apr 13 2012, 01:43 PM) *

Just like the post says, I have an original 1970 914-6 2.0 that seized during a build. The oil tank was plumbed backwards so the motor ran for a minute without oil then locked up. We're guessing that the crank and bearings are locked up. What would be a fair price to sell this engine to someone for that wants to rebuild it for a project that they're doing? The engine has about 45k miles. Any help would be great! Thanks everyone.

Hard to say. I would be considerable more if you could find the original car it belongs to. Matching numbers and all.

idea.gif
brant
it also depends what else was done during the previous rebuild.

for example any head work could/should still be good.

but like andy said its going to be worth the most to someone that wants the numbers.

otherwise its a siezed mag block 2.0/6
and in 911 circles that is about a 500 core.
not many 914 guys want to convert to a 2.0/6
perhaps if they have a real vin they might want it, but that is a really small market with not much demand.

brant
Jeffs9146
It would help to see some photos!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I will give you $1K sight unseen if it is mostly complete with heat exchangers, exhaust and webber carbs! happy11.gif

Unless it is just the block! I
Tom_T
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2012, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mtbr_mark @ Apr 13 2012, 01:43 PM) *

Hard to say. I would be considerable more if you could find the original car it belongs to. Matching numbers and all.

idea.gif

agree.gif

Post the engine's case number here to see if it "belongs" to anyone's -6.

I know a few are searching for their "long lost" motors!
mtbr_mark
Lots of responses really quickly! Many of you may remember my post from back in September. This is a numbers matching engine. It's sitting 5' from the original 914/6 that it came out of. Here's the LINK to the original thread.
mtbr_mark
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Apr 13 2012, 01:49 PM) *

I will give you $1K sight unseen if it is mostly complete with heat exchangers, exhaust and webber carbs! happy11.gif

I remember Chuck paying over a grand just for the set of carbs. smile.gif
brant
QUOTE(mtbr_mark @ Apr 13 2012, 01:57 PM) *

Lots of responses really quickly! Many of you may remember my post from back in September. This is a numbers matching engine. It's sitting 5' from the original 914/6 that it came out of. Here's the LINK to the original thread.

it should go with the car
if it is seperated from its original car chassis then it is no longer a numbers matching package...

as a stand alone sale
with no induction or exhaust
it is a 500 core motor.

it should stick with and go with the car.
it will never numbers match a different car.. its only value is to that one car.

mtbr_mark
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 13 2012, 02:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mtbr_mark @ Apr 13 2012, 01:57 PM) *

it should go with the car
if it is seperated from its original car chassis then it is no longer a numbers matching package...

as a stand alone sale
with no induction or exhaust
it is a 500 core motor.

it should stick with and go with the car.
it will never numbers match a different car.. its only value is to that one car.

That's the feeling that I've had as well. I just wanted to check with the experts
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(mtbr_mark @ Apr 13 2012, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Apr 13 2012, 01:49 PM) *

I remember Chuck paying over a grand just for the set of carbs. smile.gif

happy11.gif happy11.gif You asked! happy11.gif
mtbr_mark

happy11.gif happy11.gif You asked! happy11.gif

You're absolutely right. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.