Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 injector in a 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Just need to know if I can replace a 1.7 injector with a 2.0 just to see if it will fire.

In a 71 1.7.
Eric Taylor
Welll.... Yes and no. Yes you can put them in and try it, they will fire in the car, but odd's are they will flood the engine, and it could or could not fire due to that. When I tried it, the car flooded so much, it just plain couldn't fire. The flow rate's in the 2.0's are quite a bit more than the 1.7. The problem I with my injecor's turned out to just be one of them. On the yellow body, there was quite a bit of rust on it, and so the injector was basically always open, so it flooded the engine all the time, while not as bad as the 2.0's, bad enough to make it run very rich. If it were me, I could clean up my 1.7's and check for rust on the bodies. Also squirt some injector cleaner in the back inlet of all 4 of them, if any leaks through the front you probably have a bad injector, as in my case. At any rate, good luck, D-Jet sucks a lot when it's broken, ask lot's of questions, we've all been ther. Good luck!
Eric
Rhodes71/914
Hey Eric thanks for the reply. Kind of what I figured on the flooding.

I noticed on one of my earlier posts that you replied on that you are from Newport. I was just there over the weekend for a little beach time. Man I miss the ocean (moved from Homer, Alasak about 3 years ago) sure wish the economy was a little better there, then I would try to move there. Must be hard trying to keep the moisture/salt air from eating your car away. Some great curvy roads though.

Did I see in one of your posts that you are at the UofO? Both my sis and bro went there. Eugene is a great town.
Bruce Allert
I used 2.0 injectors in my 1.7 for 2 years w/o any problems. I'm sure it ran rich buy it (usually) ran good. If you're just trying the 2.0 with the 1.7's just to see if it'll fire It should be OK as long as, like Erik said, it isn't stuck open.

Eric, did'ja git the 914 running with the new air cleaner and throttle body seal?

........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.