Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA AX This Sunday Camarillo Airport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
AX
monkeywrench
Looking to do my first autocross. What is this event like?? What do I need to know, have, etc...
drew365
I'll be at Thunder Hill with the POC. If anyone goes post some observations. I would be interested next time if they do it again. I'd like to know what keeps JP and the other guys interested in these 50 second lap events. I don't usually start paying attention till after that. Seems like Mike Z would have a comment on this AX.
campbellcj
Unfortunately I don't think SBR has held a decent autox (or track event) since Zois was the autox chair.

My very first "track" event was actually an SBR autocross in the 1991-ish timeframe!!! It was at the Pt. Magu base on the tarmac and was a blast.

I signed up for the Camarillo autox last year but my car was taken apart at the time (shocker), so I couldn't drive. They refused to refund my money. I went anyway to hang out and show Logan the cool planes & p-cars. IMHO it was way overcrowded, a boring course layout, and followed a "classic" autox format in which I have little interest compared to alternatives.

The real fun stuff is what OCR used to do at Irwindale. Similar format to the POC STS i.e. continuous 15-20 minute lapping on a short (but cone-delimited) course; with a few timed runs at the end of the day. Registration was limited and thus traffic was too. Cost was $40-50/day IIRC! Bummer, but I believe they recently lost that venue.
campbellcj
BTW unfortunately I can't make it to T-Hill this year. Hopefully work and family situations next year will better allow some road trips, as I'd really like to drive the various NorCal and Southwest tracks.
Joe Bob
I've been banned...my AXs were too fun...screw the SB PCA :finger2:
MattR
Mike, did they require closed toe shoes?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 4 2004, 09:40 PM)
Mike, did they require closed toe shoes?

hahaha then i cant go :finger2:

matt and i wanna make a trek to the AX and visit the shrine of the great zois and his stable of beasts. (and go party SB style!)
we come from afar bearing gifts rolleyes.gif
Joe Bob
Yup...flip flops, shorts, and buuny ears are frowned on....

Fuckem.... finger.gif
Part Pricer
Damn, 50 bucks for an AX??? I hope that includes head.
Howard
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 4 2004, 11:29 PM)
Yup...flip flops, shorts, and buuny ears are frowned on....

Fuckem.... finger.gif

Went to one breakfast at the airport. Nice folks, beautiful cars. I just wanted to see if anyone there would go fast enough to scuff their immaculate tires.

A party at Mike's would be better, of course......

And Paul, we'll all be at your place with the $50 as soon as you name the date biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.