Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearren
If I want to put a hard dash cover over my dash, do I need to remove the dash in order to install the cover.
SpecialK
No, but it needs to be thoroughly cleaned prior to installing the dash cap. Don't deviate from the instructions that come with the cover.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Special_K @ Oct 4 2004, 03:31 PM)
No, but it needs to be thoroughly cleaned prior to installing the dash cap. .

I just wiped the dash of dust & poped the cap on. Fit so snug there was no need for glue. Figured that was good cuz I might wanna take it off & recover the original. See how it fits before using a tack.

........b
Gearren
Where did you get the dash cap that fit so snug?
SpecialK
QUOTE(Gearren @ Oct 4 2004, 03:40 PM)
Where did you get the dash cap that fit so snug?

yeah, what he said.

"Accuform" or "dashcap" brand?
Bruce Allert
Some guy on Ebay had it still new in the box. I can't remember the name of the manufacturer however, I can "Pop" it off & see if it's printed on the inside for ya.

I was amazed something like that fit so well! got it for somewhere around $35 clap56.gif

.......b
tracks914
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Oct 4 2004, 02:36 PM)

I just wiped the dash of dust & poped the cap on. Fit so snug there was no need for glue. Figured that was good cuz I might wanna take it off & recover the original. See how it fits before using a tack.

agree.gif
I just got mine from Tweeks. I popped it on to see how it was going to look and it fit so good that I didn't take it off.
This winter I am going to mount it on my spare dash and do it properly but as for now, only me and some Porschophiles can tell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.