Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tube car cage dia & thickness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MJHanna
What's the main cage tube dia on your tube car icon14.gif . Do you know the wall thickness? wacko.gif
Brad Roberts
I dont know it off the top of my head.. and the car is down at the body shop right now along with the SCCA log book.

I know it's chrome moly.. and just from memory 1 3/8 .095

B
Tony C
MJ, I am not sure what your doing, but check the current SCCA GCR MANY of the GT rules have been changed INCLUDING tubing sizes, and types of suspension for the 914's.

-Tony
MJHanna
I’m really looking to see if my semi tube chassis is the same. The same person built both cars. As mine is an earlier version I was interested to see if it was consistent. tongue.gif
Brad Roberts
The last time I looked at your car.. it was mild steel. I dont think he used the same material in your tub car. Maybe.. but I dont think so.

I can call and ask him.

B
MJHanna
Yeah you’re probably right. I 'm sure its mild steel. When you said yours was Crom Moly. I knew thickness would be different.
Brad Roberts
I had to ask Tony while he was standing here..

I knew it was chrome moly...

B
Mike D.
I know this maybe a little OT. But how do you guys feel about Bolt in cages for 914's. The cage was SCCA approved a few years ago when it was installed in Glenn's 914/6. I got it from the current owner of the car and was going to offer it with 914 conversion car that I'm selling.

I guess I'm fishing for opinions (which could be dangerous on this board), or weather or not anyone knows if it's still legal for use with different clubs.

-Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.